Old nabble

Scott
Confused, I guess i have an old nabble account, and today I made a new one in the new system.  The old one shows the number of messages it knows about based on my email address.

The new one did not.

I never post in nabble, I just use it for searching archives.  I suppose I do not even need a nabble account.  While it was obvious and simple to delete my new nabble account, I can not find any way to delete the old one.

I can not seem to login to the new nabble with the old nabble login and pass.  New Nablle knows nothing about my login and pass for old nabble.

How do I delete my account?

Why do I want to use nabble?  There is scant data on what the use is good for with regard to mailing lists, which is all I would ever use it for.  Does it save me the trouble of subscribing to the mailing list directly, and yet I can still have messages delivered to my mailbox?

Re: Old nabble

Hugo <Nabble>
As you said, we have two separated systems and logins are independent. You cannot delete your account in the old system. I can delete your posts in that database if you want, but you should realize there is nothing there to worry about. Here is a thread that explains the differences between the two systems.
Scott wrote
Why do I want to use nabble?  There is scant data on what the use is good for with regard to mailing lists, which is all I would ever use it for.  Does it save me the trouble of subscribing to the mailing list directly, and yet I can still have messages delivered to my mailbox?
In the new Nabble system, you may subscribe to the forum archive (not to the mailing list) if just want to receive posts in your inbox. For that, click on "Options > Subscribe via email".

Re: Old nabble

Scott
No, no need to delete, but I have never made any posts in nabble 1, does that mean you can delete mailing list archive posts made by me, oven though they did not come from me through nabble?  I just happen to be in an archive someone else added to nabble.  I would figure you would want to maintain the integrity of that archive, or is that not the case?

I take it if I just change my nabble1 email address to some throw away account, that will unhook it from all the posts that use that email address?

Re: Old nabble

Hugo <Nabble>
Scott wrote
No, no need to delete, but I have never made any posts in nabble 1, does that mean you can delete mailing list archive posts made by me, oven though they did not come from me through nabble?  I just happen to be in an archive someone else added to nabble.
Yes, your account also includes posts made via email (that were sent to mailing lists and archived at Nabble).
Scott wrote
I would figure you would want to maintain the integrity of that archive, or is that not the case?
Yes, if we delete your posts, the archive won't be complete.
Scott wrote
I take it if I just change my nabble1 email address to some throw away account, that will unhook it from all the posts that use that email address?
The email address is not that important because no one can see it. If you want to have your name removed from those posts, it may be better to just login and change your user name. What exactly is your intention in this case?

Re: Old nabble

Scott
No intentions other than being tidy.  I do not like my email address in a database out there somewhere, regardless of what little risk there is attached to it.  But also, just wanting to understand how things work.

I was going to use nabble as a mailing list archive for some of the lists I am on, but if they are not able to be complete, and users can request their posts be deleted, I think it best to look for a different archiver.

Does v2 have some provision to just be an archive of mail lists, and maintain the integrity of the archive?

Re: Old nabble

Hugo <Nabble>
All mailing list archivers must give users the right to delete their posts. You won't find an archiver that ignores this rule, unless it goes against the law. So all versions of Nabble will give users this right, which I think is fair.