Numerous bogus people / spammers are registering...

Numerous bogus people / spammers are registering...

mywaytoo
I'm going to have to vet ALL registrations because I am scared for my genuine people. It is such a shame that Nabble do not help with stopping this behaviour... like giving us IP addresses to start with... OR maybe there is a way of deleting / banning users directly from email notifications????????????????
Anne

Re: Numerous bogus people / spammers are registering...

GregChapman
Hi Anne,

If you take a look at the forum, you'll see this is topic that Nabble are very aware of and working hard to overcome.

Errr... I have been on about this issue for a couple of years...
Anne

Re: Numerous bogus people / spammers are registering...

mywaytoo
mywaytoo wrote
OR maybe there is a way of deleting / banning users directly from email notifications????????????????
There is a way of banning users when you get an email notification... (Y)
Anne

Re: Numerous bogus people / spammers are registering...

GregChapman
Indeed! You just click the link in the email to the new user's profile page and do it there!

Re: Numerous bogus people / spammers are registering...

mywaytoo
I have tried to report this to Google but all they seem to want to know about is Content... ???
Anne

Re: Numerous bogus people / spammers are registering...

Pedro
Although the spammers still can get registered at the forums, I'm almost sure they won't be able to post.
My test forum.