Not secure

Rick

I had my hosting site, ipage, issue a ticket to incorporate
my Nabble forum with my main page.  Main page is good, comes up with the little lock.  Not so my Nabble page

Anything I can tell them to try?

Thanks.

Re: Not secure

GregChapman
This sounds like an https issue.

In that case you need to create a sub-domain for your forum.

Check out these two topics:
http://support.nabble.com/HTTPS-Protocol-tp7600829.html
http://support.nabble.com/Https-Protocol-Request-tp7600969.html

I have a detailed guide at:
http://greghelp.991552.n3.nabble.com/Embedded-Forums-and-https-tp4012846.html

Re: Not secure

I have moved your https request to the appropriate topic.

Re: Not secure

Rick

Greg thanks for what you do..

After going rounds with iPage it finally comes down to them wanting 5.00 a month to secure this place with them.

I'm bummed.

Re: Not secure

Rick
I've got my domain host to set up a sub domain. Unsecured only comes up now if we sign in.

The tech over there is saying if we upload applications list from my forum they will host it on their server.
This might give me the little padlock.
Any feedback on how this can be done?

Re: Not secure

GregChapman
I don't fully understand what is going on.

From what I can work out you have not responded to the post at:
http://support.nabble.com/Https-Protocol-Request-tp7600969p7605386.html
so Nabble have not been able to turn on https for you at their end. That is an essential step.

As a result all your communication with iPage support makes no reference to an address in the required format which I would expect to be something like:
https//forum.cyclevisor.com

On top of that you don't appear to be embedding the forum within your iPage site but just linking to it as part of its menu.

We need to get back to basics. What are you really trying to achieve, run a site at iPage that has your forum as part of it, I.e. embedded within it, or just create a link to your forum on your iPage site, or are you just trying to run a forum with a clean looking URL like https://cyclevisor.com