Not happy with wording for Opt-in button for cookies...

Not happy with wording for Opt-in button for cookies...

mywaytoo
I'm not happy with the wording that you are using to explain the Opt-in button for cookies.

I would be much happier if you used the word 'forum' as opposed to 'website'. I have placed a statement on my Privacy page to explain my website in relation to cookies... which isn't quite in agreement with what your statement seems to say...

Anne

Re: Not happy with wording for Opt-in button for cookies...

GregChapman
My view is that "website" is a reasonable term. Certainly, "forum" is inappropriate as it would cause confusion for users of other Nabble applications.

Bear in mind that the screen refers to the site hosted by Nabble. If a Nabble user chooses to embed their Nabble site in some other site then that is up to them to inform their users about hosting arrangements for various parts of the site and the different terms and conditions for each part.

Re: Not happy with wording for Opt-in button for cookies...

mywaytoo
I don't agree... You think that I should say 'the website in my website'........ ?????????

If they won't change this, then I suggest that they supply another Option where we can choose the wording we want.
Anne

Re: Not happy with wording for Opt-in button for cookies...

GregChapman
mywaytoo wrote
I don't agree... You think that I should say 'the website in my website'........ ?????????

If they won't change this, then I suggest that they supply another Option where we can choose the wording we want.
I confess I haven't read your T&C in detail, but had in mind something along the lines of "the forum within my web site is hosted separately from the rest of this website and operates under the terms and conditions set out at: http://somewhere.nabble.com"

Bear in mind that for an embedded application there is nothing to stop you having your own cookie control screen implemented in another way and using your preferred wording. You can then switch off Nabble's own screen. For an example, take a look at:
http://www.threeriversrace.org.uk/
where the owner uses a widget suggested by his hosting company, available from:
http://www.civicuk.com/cookie-law/index
and does not use the Nabble cookie screen.

I would have thought then that that is a good enough reason for options to be offered...
Anne

Re: Not happy with wording for Opt-in button for cookies...

GregChapman
Now I don't understand you!

If you have an embedded forum, as you do, then if you don't like the Nabble cookie acceptance screen, you can keep the Nabble screen turned off and use whatever alternative tool you like to reveal a cookie screen with your preferred wording. So why do Nabble need to offer options when you can just bypass it and present your users with whatever you like?

Greg... I don't need it on my own website because I don't use cookies at all, but I need it on my forum website (website website) because it does use cookies...
Anne

Re: Not happy with wording for Opt-in button for cookies...

GregChapman
But as your forum is embedded and cannot be viewed as an independent site, then you could keep the Nabble cookie acceptance screen turned off and add your own preferred acceptance screen using the tool I posted the link for earlier, or any of the other similar offerings.

The point is you only need Nabble's acceptance screen if the forum is NOT embedded, and you aren't up to editing NAML to edit the default text.