No Nabble Sites?

RadScaleMS
I'll admit that my website is fairly neglected. I recently discovered that all of my embedded features (Nabble and Talki forums, and Photobucket slide shows) are no longer loading on the site that is hosted at Weebly. Imagine my surprise when I came to Nabble to see if there was an updated embed code and the "Your Nabble Apps" email says I don't have any sites on Nabble. Where did my forum go? Can I get it back?

http://rad-scale-motorsports.36282.n6.nabble.com/

Thank you.
Cory
Rad! Scale Motorsports

Re: No Nabble Sites?

GregChapman
RadScaleMS wrote
I'll admit that my website is fairly neglected. I recently discovered that all of my embedded features (Nabble and Talki forums, and Photobucket slide shows) are no longer loading on the site that is hosted at Weebly. Imagine my surprise when I came to Nabble to see if there was an updated embed code and the "Your Nabble Apps" email says I don't have any sites on Nabble. Where did my forum go? Can I get it back?

http://rad-scale-motorsports.36282.n6.nabble.com/
When I click on your Nabble link it takes me to your main site, which does not appear to have links to any of the features you mention. That suggests you have some kind of redirection in place for your forum address.

If neither you nor anyone else has been able to access your site over the last few months then it will have been deleted. You would have been sent an email, but if this went into your spam folder and was left unread and deleted a while ago there would be no way of recovering the Nabble forum.

See:
http://n8.nabble.com/help/Answer.jtp?id=53

There's a further issue for you. Your site now uses https. That will also prevent your forum displaying. See the lengthy topics on this issue.

Re: No Nabble Sites?

RadScaleMS
Hi Greg,

Thanks for the quick reply.

It had actually been more than a few months since I last used the forum, but it has lots of good reference material in it.

Earlier today I updated the site and removed the reference to the Nabble forum. I’ve just now reverted back to the original home page that shows where the forum is supposed to exist.

I don’t have a way of not using https. That policy is put in place by Weebly, I believe.

The most recent communication I have about the forum is a new user account notification from 2017. I checked all of my email accounts, and their spam folders, but couldn’t find the email you mentioned.

Am I just out of luck and all my historical information is deleted??? Do you not store user accounts in some form of archive???

- Cory

On Nov 21, 2018, at 3:24 PM, GregChapman [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:

RadScaleMS wrote
[...]

Just a Volunteer Nabble Helper - because the nice folk at Nabble have helped me!
GregHelp - Building a set of answers to Nabble FAQs.

http://support.nabble.com/No-Nabble-Sites-tp7601933p7601934.html
To unsubscribe from No Nabble Sites?, click here.
NAML

Re: No Nabble Sites?

GregChapman
RadScaleMS wrote
It had actually been more than a few months since I last used the forum, but it has lots of good reference material in it.
I'm afraid it looks as if the tense to use is "had lots of good reference material".
Earlier today I updated the site and removed the reference to the Nabble forum. I’ve just now reverted back to the original home page that shows where the forum is supposed to exist.
I see that now, but as you have found it will make no difference.
I don’t have a way of not using https. That policy is put in place by Weebly, I believe.
I'm not a Weebly user but regular here, Gary Lewis, runs a Weebly site and he indicates that you can turn off SSL/HTTPS within Weebly. (At the moment I can't find the message where he tells you how to do it.)
The most recent communication I have about the forum is a new user account notification from 2017. I checked all of my email accounts, and their spam folders, but couldn’t find the email you mentioned.
Most mail programs automatically delete mail marked as spam within a fortnight, so if you do not check weekly you are likely to miss it. The message you get from Nabble gives you 10 days warning.

Looking at past mail I see I have one notice threatening to delete a forum of mine on posted on 24 Jun 2018 and the same forum is threatened with deletion on 1 Oct 2018. so it seems likely that Nabble checks for lack of use after around 12 weeks.
Am I just out of luck and all my historical information is deleted??? Do you not store user accounts in some form of archive???
It looks as if you will have lost your forum. "You" is the operative word in "Do you not store user accounts in some form of archive"? Every forum administrator will find an item under:
Options > Download backup
that allows them to backup a forum, which if posted here Nabble can restore. Nabble does keep backups, but only to protect against server crashes. I believe that these are only kept for a few days before being over-written by more recent copies, so all administrators do need to actively monitor their forum and if only rarely used download their own backups reasonably regularly.

Re: No Nabble Sites?

Gary Lewis
When editing a Weebly site click on Settings above, and then General on the left.  Scroll down to SSL and either enable or disable it to enable or disable security/HTTPS/SSL.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/