No Avatars ?

ClaudeMobetta
I have not had an Avatar on my site for over a month ?
Is that the way it will be - or is something wrong with my site?
Is this a change by Nabble?

http://loa-computer-help-plus.2634207.n2.nabble.com/

Thank you - Claude

Re: No Avatars ?

Hugo <Nabble>
Please go to your profile (Personal Settings) and check if you see an option to restore your old avatar. Please let me know what you have found.

Re: No Avatars ?

ClaudeMobetta
Hugo -
Yes it was there and it restored my Avatar -

But what about the other users/visitors that have registered and choose Avatars?
Will I need to call this to thier attention?

Thanks - Claude

http://loa-computer-help-plus.2634207.n2.nabble.com/

Re: No Avatars ?

ClaudeMobetta
Hi -

I restored my Avatar in Personal settings -
As administrator - is there anyway for ME to restore other users/viewers avatars?

Thanks - Claude

http://loa-computer-help-plus.2634207.n2.nabble.com/

Re: No Avatars ?

Hugo <Nabble>
Maybe you can post a new topic about this and pin to your forum. Users that visit your forum will see that and will fix their avatars. Administrators don't have a way to do this for all users.

Re: No Avatars ?

John Yeoman
If you know the email addresses, user name and password of each member, you can log into the forum as if you were them - and restore their avatars by clicking on their personal settings. I did it for five members, out of the goodness of my heart, then gave up

Of course, to do this, you'd need some way - separate to the forum structure - to capture their passwords when they join. For example, by using a member enrolment form at your site that gives you other useful data eg. their zipcode, personal interests, etc. But then, some folk will change their passwords once they're on the forum itself... and you're back where you started.