Newspaper subscription email

Re: Newspaper subscription email

Harvey
To be honest I don't understand the code. I know it's an If/then thing, but that's about it.

Re: Newspaper subscription email

Pedro
    <n.if.page_node.is_app>
        <then>This is just to let you know that <n.page_node.owner.name/> created a new subcategory called "<n.page_node.subject/>":</then>
        <else.if.page_node.is_topic>
            <then>There is a new topic called "<n.page_node.subject/>" available at:</then>
            <else>There is a new reply to the "<n.page_node.topic_node.subject/>" topic:</else>
        </else.if.page_node.is_topic>
    </n.if.page_node.is_app>

1. Check if the node create is an app like subforum, subcategory, etc.
2. If so, the message is "created new subcategory ...".
3. If is not an app, we check if it is a topic .
4. If so, we send the message for new topic created.
5. If it is  not an app, nor a topic, it must be a reply, so here is the message for it.
6. Closing the second check.
7. Closing the first check.

Re: Newspaper subscription email

Harvey
Unintended consequence - the notfication emails for comments have change. As admin I am not seeing the content of comments any more.  The way it was, I was seeing comment contents but regular subscribers weren't.

Still not clear on how to handle above, would appreciate it if you would. Thx.

Working on it. I will use your test sub-forum.

Re: Newspaper subscription email

Harvey
Pedro,

The email for the forum is working fine. It's our newspaper that has issues.

mag.nyskiblog.com

Thanks.

Ok. Please, take a look now.

Re: Newspaper subscription email

Harvey
Pedro,

Can the link in the email say "read more" instead of "coming soon" since the email should go out when the article is available?

Also can there be some space between the intro text and the unsubscribe liink?

Re: Newspaper subscription email

Pedro
You can edit the texts at news_snippet_read_more_link macro. Note that "coming soon" is only for private topics.
I added two br tags at instant_html after each kind of message inside text for admins. It should fix these spaces.

Re: Newspaper subscription email

Harvey
We just published, here's a screen cap:

Can the "read more" go up next to the copy and have the break after?

Or show me how to do it.  Whichever is easier I just want it done.

Re: Newspaper subscription email

Harvey
This is totally weird. Someone else got the FULL ARTICLE and the {summary} tags.

Such a bummer to work weeks on a piece and have the subscription email  give away the full content AND include the summary tags.

My test was ok. Let me know if it happens again and send me the user who received it.

Re: Newspaper subscription email

Harvey
This still isn't working.

Here's the latest summary:

Re: Newspaper subscription email

Pedro
I received this post correctly, and my test also worked? Does it happen for you? I will investigate this user.

Re: Newspaper subscription email

Harvey, the problem is that, in the past, only admins used to watch the future issues forum. It seems that now is available a new group called Future which can see the sub forum.
There are two things we can do, add Jamesdeluxe to admin group or change your Naml for accept people from this group.
Which do you prefer?

Re: Newspaper subscription email

Harvey
Change NAML to accept anyone with access to future please.

Does this mean that when the subscriptions go out to regular people they look correct?

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Pedro <Nabble> [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Harvey the problem is that, in the past, only admins used to watch the future issues forum. It seems that now is available a new group called Future which can see the sub forum.
There are two things we can do, add Jamesdeluxe to admin group or change your Naml for accept people from this group.
Which do you prefer?

To unsubscribe from Newspaper subscription email, click here.
NAML

--
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog
NY Ski Directory: directory.NYSkiBlog.com

Re: Newspaper subscription email

Pedro
Now, the people in Future group receive it correctly.

Harvey wrote
Does this mean that when the subscriptions go out to regular people they look correct?
I think so.