New posts & replies not making it to the Forum, Emails work.

New posts & replies not making it to the Forum, Emails work.

MichaelAtOz
I thought I was going batty, I was sure I replied to that topic...

But no, it is broken.
http://forum.openscad.org/

If I try via Nabble it says it did post
Message Preview
MichaelAtOzonline MichaelAtOz – Forum posts working for anyone? on Aug 09, 2020; 4:45pm
I've replied a couple of times recently, via forum posts, and they went into the digital black hole.
Seems since 31st.

a. Testing a new topic post.

b. If someone has used the forum to post recently please reply to this.

Unless specifically shown otherwise above, my contribution is in the Public Domain; to the extent possible under law, I have waived all copyright and related or neighbouring rights to this work.
Obviously inclusion of works of previous authors is not included in the above.
This message will not appear in this archive until it has been accepted by the mailing list. You may want to save a copy of this message in case it is not accepted.
I checked the list+....@n5.nabble.com email address is still subscribed and set-up normally.
Emails sent to the mailing-list make it to the Forum, so that address is working.
I tried with my alternate test user, it failed too.

Is there a Nabble problem?

Re: New posts & replies not making it to the Forum, Emails work.

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
Go to options > Users > Change permissions and modify the “Create_topic” and "Reply" items.

Re: New posts & replies not making it to the Forum, Emails work.

MichaelAtOz
Israel <Nabble> wrote
Go to options > Users > Change permissions and modify the “Create_topic” and "Reply" items.

They were/are set.
Just tried a reply, still not getting there

Reply – Forum - problems?
Message Preview
MichaelAtOzonline MichaelAtOz – Re: Forum - problems? on Aug 10, 2020; 2:19pm
Testing, one, two, two
[snip]
This message was sent from oz.[snip]chael@gmail.com to the discuss@lists.openscad.org mailing list.
This message will not appear in this archive until it has been accepted by the mailing list. You may want to save a copy of this message in case it is not accepted.
Should have appeared here http://forum.openscad.org/Forum-problems-td29860.html
Also tried a new topic, nope...

Then I changed Create & Reply to Default (anyone), still fails.
Then set them back to Admin & Members, still fails.

??

Did you try something like this?
Permissions.png

Re: New posts & replies not making it to the Forum, Emails work.

MichaelAtOz
Israel <Nabble> wrote
Did try something like this?
Permissions.png
That didn't work either.

Re: New posts & replies not making it to the Forum, Emails work.

MichaelAtOz
I checked the last email from the Forum.
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2020 06:43:32 -0700 (MST)
Did anything happen on the 1st?

Re: New posts & replies not making it to the Forum, Emails work.

MichaelAtOz
I also tried on my test forum http://michaelatoz-test.1112830.n5.nabble.com/
Also not working.
I have not changed anything on either forum (except today's tests) for many months.

Re: New posts & replies not making it to the Forum, Emails work.

MichaelAtOz
Any other suggestions; the Forum function is Down, all it is doing is logging the mailing-list items.

Re: New posts & replies not making it to the Forum, Emails work. Fixed

MichaelAtOz
Israel did you fix something?
Both the main forum & my test are now processing posts & new-topics properly.

Re: New posts & replies not making it to the Forum, Emails work. Fixed

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
No, I did not change anything.

Re: New posts & replies not making it to the Forum, Emails work. Fixed

MichaelAtOz
Neither did I. Hmmm...

Re: New posts & replies not making it to the Forum, Emails work. Fixed

MichaelAtOz
I found out what the problem was.

Details here.
Basically n5.nabble.com was blacklisted, the OpenSCAD mailman mailing-list rejected the emails Nabble was sending.
Nabble informed me at my gmail address, which was forward, but gmail flagged it as spam which wasn't forwarded.
Someone mush have un-blacklisted it. It started working again...

Re: New posts & replies not making it to the Forum, Emails work. Fixed

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
Thank you for let us know about that.