New mailing list not receiving any posts

New mailing list not receiving any posts

Mike Wilson
I set up archiving of a mailing list at http://n2.nabble.com/DWR---Users-f2114559.html a week ago, but posts from the mailing list are not showing up. Is it awaiting some authorization from your side, or should I try re-subscribing to the mailing list?

Re: New mailing list not receiving any posts

Hugo <Nabble>
Please make sure Nabble is subscribed to the mailing list. Here you can find instructions for your forum:
As soon as this subscription is finished, Nabble will start to archive the emails.

It would be great if you could embed this forum in the project's website in order to keep all users in the same place.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: New mailing list not receiving any posts

Mike Wilson
The thing is that I subscribed to the list a week ago, and received the WELCOME mail (forwarded by your server) that said:

Acknowledgment: I have added the address
   lists+1231185278751-2114559... (nabble domain snipped)
to the users mailing list.

That's why I was thinking something was holding up at your end. Well, I'll have to investigate with java.net...

Re: New mailing list not receiving any posts

Mike Wilson
I subscribed again, and got this back:

---
users@dwr.dev.java.net mailing list.

Acknowledgment: The address

   lists+1231185278751-2114559 (nabble domain)

was already on the users mailing list when I received
your request, and remains a subscriber.
---

Could there be any ezmlm problems with Nabble's long mail addresses or something?
Or what can I do to check this further?

Re: New mailing list not receiving any posts

Hugo <Nabble>
I checked other java.net archives at Nabble and I guess I found the problem. For most of these lists, we have to check the "Ignore X-No-Archive Header" checkbox in the mailing list settings page. I've already changed this configuration for you. Let's wait and see if the next messages will be archived successfully.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: New mailing list not receiving any posts

Mike Wilson
Ah great, thanks. (I was wondering what that option was for ;-)

Ignore X-No-Archive Header - hinting/explaining the option, for the benefit of creators of Nabble fora

Graham Perrin
I, too, lacked an appreciation of the option and the results were a great puzzle to me until Nabble helped.

@ Nabble

Maybe the UI, where the option appears, should offer a hint.

(For the benefit of forum creators who are unfamiliar with the nature/intention of the header.)

The hint might lead to an item within Nabble Help.

Best regards
Graham