New User Not Receiving Email to Validate EMAIL

New User Not Receiving Email to Validate EMAIL

SoaringGirl
Hi there!

I have an online forum and am registering new users and one user has registered twice and does not get the validation email. The first one must have gone through in some way because she was told when she tried to re-register that her username was in use and she must choose another.

How can I help her with this/get her access?

Thank you!
Ailia

Re: New User Not Receiving Email to Validate EMAIL

Hugo <Nabble>
She can try registering again with the same email. You should also tell her to check the spam folder. Nabble emails have been working fine, so I believe the problem is on the user's end.

Re: New User Not Receiving Email to Validate EMAIL

SoaringGirl
Hi there, I did that. She did that. It did not work.
I don't know what it is, but I noticed she was the only person using a yahoo address in our group. I asked her to try a different email address if she had one, and that worked for her.

Thanks for your help.

Re: New User Not Receiving Email to Validate EMAIL

GregChapman
Has the email now arrived?

I had the same problem with a Yahoo user three days ago. She registered with an alternative Gmail address and then yesterday I saw her registration come through on her Yahoo address.

This wasn't a case of missing the spam folder. I went round to her house and double checked and together we attempted a re-register on her Yahoo address and the confirmation email did not arrive.

Such unreliability is one reason why I have largely abandoned my Yahoo addresses. Too frequently, mail gets bottlenecked and turns up up to 72 hours late to some YahooGroups.

Re: New User Not Receiving Email to Validate EMAIL

SoaringGirl
Greg, this user never got the Yahoo email, but did on a separate account with gmail, so she is using that.
She is the only participant in my course using Yahoo, so I have no other info, but I get what you're saying...