New To Nabble- Getting URL error on "Authorization requested" email

New To Nabble- Getting URL error on "Authorization requested" email

JBWolverine
I am new to Nabble and setting up a new private forum for about 100 members.

The first and second "Authorization requested" emails seem to contain invalid URL values when I try to accept the new members to allow access.  The reponse is:

Invalid Code
The code in the URL is not valid. Please make sure the URL of this page is the same as the one in the email you received.
Please contact Nabble Support if you need help.

I am opening the URL directly from the email generated by the Nabble system.

Any solutions to over come this problem?

TIA

--JB

Re: New To Nabble- Getting URL error on "Authorization requested" email

JBWolverine
Please disregard this request for assistance.  The acceptance process for new members is now working for some reason.  (I did switch from a VISTA PC to an XP PC.. hopefully that was not the difference).

--JB

Re: New To Nabble- Getting URL error on "Authorization requested" email

JBWolverine
Update on problems with URL in "authorization requested" email from Nabble when using Vista PC.

When the URL is very long and wraps to another line, there appears to be a space added to the end of the first line.

The "work around" for me has been to copy the two lines into an editor, remove the extra space, and then to copy/paste the URL value, including the last "=" charater, into my browser's address window.  (I hope that made sense).

The "work around" seems to get the job done about 90 percent of the time.

FWIW--

I congratulate the Nabble2 team on an excellent product. The features are the best I have used as an administrator and as a member of various message boards.

One of the questions asked by the members of the forum is how to figure out where the last messages were read within topics and where the new ones begin.  This group of members are relocating from the StockHouse forum and the RagingBull message board, both of which allow a member to post messages in a serial sequence with the newest at the top.  (They are essentially message boards with only one topic).

TIA for your response.

--JB

Re: New To Nabble- Getting URL error on "Authorization requested" email

Hugo <Nabble>
JBWolverine wrote
Update on problems with URL in "authorization requested" email from Nabble when using Vista PC.

When the URL is very long and wraps to another line, there appears to be a space added to the end of the first line.

The "work around" for me has been to copy the two lines into an editor, remove the extra space, and then to copy/paste the URL value, including the last "=" charater, into my browser's address window.  (I hope that made sense).

The "work around" seems to get the job done about 90 percent of the time.
That's true. The URL must be the same as the one received in the email message (i.e., broken parts should be appended at the end of the link). Only a few email clients require this extra work though. We will probably improve those URLs in the future.
JBWolverine wrote
One of the questions asked by the members of the forum is how to figure out where the last messages were read within topics and where the new ones begin.  This group of members are relocating from the StockHouse forum and the RagingBull message board, both of which allow a member to post messages in a serial sequence with the newest at the top.  (They are essentially message boards with only one topic).
The color of the link indicates if the post was read or not. If you use the "List" or "Threaded" views, unread messages are displayed in boldface.