New Forum User

Mrs. Quitt
Hello.  I have embedded a Nabble forum into my Weebly website (wow, that was easy!).  While I participate in many forums, I have never managed one before.

I set each forum to now allow anonymous users-I get that.

Then, I set the forums to only allow authorized users to post--I am an elementary school teacher and need to control who posts on the forums.  However, how do users get authorized?  Do I get an email requesting authorization?  If I set each sub-forum for this option, do I have to authorize people for each one?  Is there a way to set it so that a person is authorized for any sub-forum?

Eventually, I'm sure I'll have a better idea what I'm doing!
Mrs. Quitt

Re: New Forum User

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi Mr. Quitt,

All you have to do is set the privacy of the parent forum to "only authorized can post". All sub-forums inherit this configuration, so there is no need to change them. Also, there are two ways to add users to the authorized list:
A - You can add one by one in the privacy configuration screen (Options > Users > Who can view & post?)
B - Or a user can send you a request when he/she tries to post in the forum (only registered users can send requests because we need his/her email).

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns.
Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: New Forum User

Mrs. Quitt
Terrific--thank you for your quick response.
Mrs. Quitt

Re: New Forum User

Mrs. Quitt
A clarifying question:

I would like to have the forum set at the topmost level to Everyone May Read, Only Authorized Users May Post.

That's what I want, right?

Right now, each sub-forum is set this way--does that mean that I will get requests for approval for each forum?  Do I need to go back to each sub-forum and change the setting back to Everyone May Read, Everyone May Post?

Thanks!
Mrs. Quitt

Re: New Forum User

Hugo <Nabble>
Mrs. Quitt wrote
A clarifying question:

I would like to have the forum set at the topmost level to Everyone May Read, Only Authorized Users May Post.

That's what I want, right?
Yes.
Mrs. Quitt wrote
Right now, each sub-forum is set this way--does that mean that I will get requests for approval for each forum?  Do I need to go back to each sub-forum and change the setting back to Everyone May Read, Everyone May Post?
Yes. Only the topmost forum should have the "Everyone can read, only authorized can post" setting. Otherwise, you would have to authorize users for each of them.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: New Forum User