New Feature post `export to standard xml format may need correction + question..

New Feature post `export to standard xml format may need correction + question..

our combined `effect
Hi Hugo,

you folks have been busy..

please confirm, when I go into your Nabble support post about new feature, i go to options + reply to author + what comes up is your text of posting, is this correct? vs normal reply format..

where I would send you my notes with yours? or choose to erase subject or message + add mine.

my question is if you save this archive for 5 days, does that mean if i save on xml + copy into my files on my computer, that in 5 days they also will be erased?

i'm trying to see logic in this, am i also able to work them when they are downloaded on my computer?

or is this to give me extra security in case your daily back up fails, + i didn't save each page on my computer?

thank you for this effort..

     patches` +  pockets` everywhere are linking,  good folks are building this network by coming together eye to eye sharing their bi`joy experiences of what works.

       come talk..

                        `i come to talk story

Re: New Feature post `export to standard xml format may need correction + question..

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi kara,
our combined` effect wrote
please confirm, when I go into your Nabble support post about new feature, i go to options + reply to author + what comes up is your text of posting, is this correct? vs normal reply format..

where I would send you my notes with yours? or choose to erase subject or message + add mine.
You can add your own subject and message. It doesn't matter. If you prefer, you can send a direct email to me, instead of using the website: h u g o [at] nabble.com
our combined` effect wrote
my question is if you save this archive for 5 days, does that mean if i save on xml + copy into my files on my computer, that in 5 days they also will be erased?
Files on your computer cannot be deleted by Nabble. So they will stay there, don't worry. We delete these files from our database after 5 days because they take a lot of space and - since they can be generated again - there is no reason to keep them forever on our servers.

These files contain all the information one needs to re-create your forum. So you can save them on your computer as a way to keep a copy of all these discussions. Nabble doesn't own this content and you have the right to download it. People may find this useful for other purposes, like creating a tool to read the forum off-line (as you wanted some time ago) or import on another website. Nabble probably won't create these tools. Users should develop those solutions.