Need some more reassurance for the future ... want a great partnership

Need some more reassurance for the future ... want a great partnership

Jim Westergren
I am running the free website builder N.nu and I am considering using Nabble as the official function for blog and forum for those that want to have it on their website. I am very impressed with Nabble and especially the fact that you can convert a forum to a blog and vice versa. I have been using it myself for a while now and some of my users with great result.

I have today over 12K users and it is currently growing by about 1K a week. My first main objective is 100K websites in N.nu. Similar services such as webs.com and weebly.com have millions of users.

I have read this:
http://www.nabble.com/help/Answer.jtp?id=2

But I would like to have even some more reassurance. How will you feel if I sent a newsletter recommending Nabble with a step for step guide for installation to my 12K users? Is Nabble being run from a stable company? Do you feel there is any risk that Nabble will not exist anymore in let's say 5 or 10 years from now?

Instead of building something similar myself (which will not be nearly as good), I am interested in a strong partnership with you guys at Nabble. How do you feel happy about this? Do you feel I should pay for this and how much in that case? Where do you want to take Nabble in the future?

Thanks and I look forward for a great partnership.
Owner of the free website service N.nu

Re: Need some more reassurance for the future ... want a great partnership

Hugo <Nabble>
Jim Westergren wrote
I am running the free website builder N.nu and I am considering using Nabble as the official function for blog and forum for those that want to have it on their website. I am very impressed with Nabble and especially the fact that you can convert a forum to a blog and vice versa. I have been using it myself for a while now and some of my users with great result.
Thanks, this is certainly good news for both Nabble and N.nu. This partnership is very welcome and you don't have to pay us anything because you will already bring new users to Nabble.
Jim Westergren wrote
How will you feel if I sent a newsletter recommending Nabble with a step for step guide for installation to my 12K users?
This is great. Feel free to send the newsletter and explain to them how to add a Nabble app to their pages.
Jim Westergren wrote
Is Nabble being run from a stable company? Do you feel there is any risk that Nabble will not exist anymore in let's say 5 or 10 years from now?
Nabble was founded in 2005 and we have always been free (except for premium support). We are a small team and we have money to keep the company going for a long time. There is something you should know about us: we are very proud and enthusiastic about our product. Soon we will release the templates feature which will allow users to change not only the UI of their apps, but also the behavior. People will be able to create fancy applications with our product and we hope this will bring a lot of success to Nabble. But predicting the future is difficult for anyone, even for you. I would say there is a big chance Nabble will continue to exist in the next 10 years, but remember that people will always have the "download your archives" feature in case they have to leave Nabble for some reason.
Jim Westergren wrote
Instead of building something similar myself (which will not be nearly as good), I am interested in a strong partnership with you guys at Nabble. How do you feel happy about this? Do you feel I should pay for this and how much in that case?
This is great news. As I said above, you don't have to pay us anything.
Jim Westergren wrote
Where do you want to take Nabble in the future?
The templates feature will open a lot of new doors in the future. Users will be able to tweak their apps and create new apps, share the templates with other users, etc. Maybe you should wait a little bit more and see what templates can do when we reach to that point (we are getting very close to that milestone).

Re: Need some more reassurance for the future ... want a great partnership

Jim Westergren
This is great news. I am looking forward for a long lasting partnership.
Owner of the free website service N.nu