Need help with setting up my forum

Miss A
I'm trying to find out how to pin an admin post to the top of the forum and lock it so no one else can post to that thread.

I've read the help page, but still can't quite grasp how to do it. I don't see an option anywhere that says 'pin message'. Please help!

I've made the post already. It'll be a simple forum with just one main posting area.

http://spot-a-sign.1061935.n5.nabble.com/

Re: Need help with setting up my forum

GregChapman
Miss A wrote
I'm trying to find out how to pin an admin post to the top of the forum and lock it so no one else can post to that thread.
Logon under your Admin username. View the full message and open the OPTIONS menu. You will find PIN TOPIC there. This will make the the topic appear at the top of the list of topics. (I must admit I haven't tested this when there's only one message in the forum. It's possible that option does not appear until you have more than one message, as it has no relevance until there are more than one message.)

If your Nabble application is a Forum, there may be sub-forums which will always be listed above a pinned topic. (This pattern varies slightly in other Nabble applications.)

If you have a number of pinned topics and you wish to adjust the order of them, go to the screen where the topics are listed and, under OPTIONS, choose STRUCTURE and then MANAGED PINNED TOPICS.

Re: Need help with setting up my forum

Miss A
Thanks so much. I feel so silly now that I didn't click on options! I kept expecting it to be under more.