Nabble vs Mailing-Lists - mailinglist-to-browser agent - forum emulation

Nabble vs Mailing-Lists - mailinglist-to-browser agent - forum emulation

pstein
When I look onto new Nabble I am a bit confused.

What I am searching is a browser-based front end for existing mailing-list out in the world.
Assume the existing TOAD mailing list accessible here:
http://www.toadsoft.com/maillist.htm

Normally one has to subscribe to such a mailing list and to retrieve posting throug a mailing client.
I don't want to use a mail client. I don't want to receive every posting.
I just want something like a mailinglist-to-browser agent.
Or a forum emulation of external mailing-lists.
That would be really a market gap!

So when I enter a posting in the browser the service (=Nabble ?) should forward this to the mailing list
and collect answers.

Is this possible with (new) Nabble?
I doubt. As far as I can see only new Nabble-intern Mailing-Lists are available.
I logged in into new Nabble ...and found no "subscribe to existing mailing lists" option.

Did I miss something?

It seems to me that Nabble is just a cheap yahoo mailing list feature copy.

You should seriously think about introducing such a forum emulation mechanism with arbitrary existing mailing-lists.

Peter

Re: Nabble vs Mailing-Lists - mailinglist-to-browser agent - forum emulation

Franklin <Nabble>
Administrator
Sure it's possible.  Click on the "Archive Your Mailing List" link on our home page.