Nabble still doesn't format properly in Weebly mobile

Nabble still doesn't format properly in Weebly mobile

dltanner99
I researched all the posts regarding the use of Nabble within Weebly, and it appears that no solution was ever found for Nabble's inability to wrap under mobile views. It looks great in a desktop browser, but this seems like a a given that it should account for mobile devices, as well. I applied Pedro's fixes, but nothing has changed. Mobility resolution is important these days, as probably 2/3 of all access will be on a tablet or phone. This capability has not yet been addressed to work with Weebly. I applied the overrides properly, but just curious where you stand with this functionality? http://www.trilogusmediagroup.com

Re: Nabble still doesn't format properly in Weebly mobile

GregChapman
I am not clear why you link any problem you have with your Nabble app to it being embedded in a Weebly site. It appears to be displaying exactly as expected.

The "cookie screen" text wraps perfectly.

I agree rhat there is a problem on the main screen as the Subscribe via email does not wrap, but this appears to be a non-standard feature that you have added and it will be down to you to code it so it wraps. In any case this is not related to Weebly or even embedding in general.

On the more general issue of the use of Nabble on narrow screens, then I wonder why you have not made use of the standard feature at:
Options > Application > Change appearance > Preferences > Page layout > Narrow
This will remove the sidebar and place those links in a horizontal format.

Beyond that we need to see some dummy posts which show features you complain about.

Re: Nabble still doesn't format properly in Weebly mobile

GregChapman
Just moved to my desktop where it is easier to examine the code behind your page.

The problem with the "Subscribe via email" link is that the text has been enclosed in h2 tags and those tags are subject to the styling rule in the CSS file at:
http://latest-news.33834.n7.nabble.com/nabble.pack.css
that reads:

div.sidebar-section,h2.sidebar-section{width:100%;border-radius:4px;-moz-border-radius:4px;-webkit-border-radius:4px;white-space:nowrap;margin:0 0 .3em;padding:.2em}

It is the styling "white-space:nowrap;" that is the important one here.

You either need to change the HTML tags for that line (compared to other items in the sidebar that link seems over large to me and it is hardly a correct tag semantically - it would be better included within the table containing the other links on the sidebar) or add appropriate CSS code to over-ride the defaults within the "nabble.pack.css" file.  That should be possible through the dialogue at:
Options > Application > Change appearance > CSS

Hope that helps.

Re: Nabble still doesn't format properly in Weebly mobile

Tank2379
Does anyone have a screenshot on how this should look on Weebly Mobile?