Nabble shows the wrong name for messages posted to the mono-devel mailing list

Nabble shows the wrong name for messages posted to the mono-devel mailing list

akoeplinger

Re: Nabble shows the wrong name for messages posted to the mono-devel mailing list

akoeplinger
We've hidden the Mono Nabble forum now to avoid confusing our users even further.

Re: Nabble shows the wrong name for messages posted to the mono-devel mailing list

Franklin <Nabble>
akoeplinger wrote
Nabble message: http://mono.1490590.n4.nabble.com/Building-Mono-5-0-0-100-failed-on-Raspberry-Pi-tp4670763p4670765.html (incorrectly shows author as Miguel de Icaza)
Original message: https://lists.dot.net/pipermail/mono-devel-list/2017-May/044345.html (correctly shows myself as the author)
I looked at this example.  Here is part of the raw email:
From: =?utf-8?B?QWxleGFuZGVyIEvDtnBsaW5nZXI=?= via Mono-devel-list
 <mono-devel-list@lists.dot.net>

Re: Nabble shows the wrong name for messages posted to the mono-devel mailing list

akoeplinger
The problem is that it shows the wrong Nabble author/account on the left side, e.g. right now it shows my message as being from "Sotirios Delimanolis". It seems to update the account name based on whoever last sent a message or something, like in the other thread I linked.

Administrator
Nabble uniquely identifies users by email address.  Since your "From" field has the user's name followed by the email address "mono-devel-list@lists.dot.net" it looks to Nabble like someone with this email address keeps changing his name.

Re: Nabble shows the wrong name for messages posted to the mono-devel mailing list

akoeplinger
We're running mailman so not sure if this is just something specific to our setup or a more general problem. Unfortunately we can't continue using Nabble with the problem as is :(