Nabble forum embed not working.

NuWest Media
I have a Nabble forum and I changed the domain name using my cPanel. The URL resolves to the correct page. Before I changed the domain name, the Nabble supplied embed code was not working. It would call up the iframe but there was nothing in it... I would just get the link to the forum on Nabble's servers.

I've had issues with being able to embed the Nabble forum in Wordpress before. Perhaps coincidentally, the embed issue went away when I changed the Nabble URL to one created by adding a CNAME to my site. However, the CNAME URL addition is not helping this time.

I also installed the "Advanced Iframe" plugin on this wordpress site. It works well adding Wordpress forums like "Phorum" and "MiniBB", but not at all with the Nabble forum. Again, the Iframe is there, but no content shows.

I'm using the WP theme called "Gibson". The Nabble forum embed code and a number of other Iframe code variations I've tried work on most of the other sites I'm running... just not on this site. I don't know enough about coding to troubleshoot this. I'm wondering if it is a WP-related issue, or something the Nabble team can help me with?

BTW, I have a Nabble photo gallery on the same WP site, and so far, it seems to function properly.

Re: Nabble forum embed not working.

NuWest Media
Just tried viewing this site on Firefox and encountered the following error message:

"this site uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for forum.acceptbc.ca (which appears to be a Nabble-powered site) Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN"

I do not know enough to spot the possible problem here. Maybe the Nabble team can see the issue.

Re: Nabble forum embed not working.

Please, post the URL of the forum that is supposed to be embedded and the URL of the page in which it is intended to appear. (Might be worth adding the URL of the gallery too)
NuWest Media wrote
I have a Nabble forum and I changed the domain name using my cPanel. The URL resolves to the correct page. Before I changed the domain name, the Nabble supplied embed code was not working. It would call up the iframe but there was nothing in it... I would just get the link to the forum on Nabble's servers.
That is what you expect if you embed a Nabble forum in a page secured with https.

Re: Nabble forum embed not working.

NuWest Media
Sorry, completely missed the fact I didn't include this vital info. "Haste makes waste" as they say. The Nabble forum is at: https://board.musictv1.com and it's being embbeded at: https://mustictv1.com/flirts-live/ and the gallery is at https://gallery.musictv1.com and is embedded at https://musictv1.com/gallery

Re: Nabble forum embed not working.

Raven<Nabble>
The domain name https://board.musictv1.com has not been enabled for https, so I enabled it. The way it works is that there is a certificate generated for each forum domain, so if you changed the domain, it needs to be done again.

Try changing the embed links to https, it should work after that.

Re: Nabble forum embed not working.

NuWest Media
Raven, thanks so much. Enabling the certificate seems to be a big step in the right direction. I made the change back to "https:" as I was going back and forth between it and "http:" most of the day. Now, the embed download goes as far as the loading.gif. But, it freezes there and the site does not proceed to fully download.

Again, most of this is beyond my expertise, but is this an issue on Nabble's end or is there something I should do through Wordpress or my cPanel? Many thanks again!

Re: Nabble forum embed not working.

Raven<Nabble>
It was a cache issue on our end. I cleared the cache and the forum is loading now.

Re: Nabble forum embed not working.

NuWest Media
Wow. Thanks so much for the quick attention. This would have never been resolved without your help. Really appreciate it.