Nabble as an OpenID consumer

Graham Perrin
This post was updated on .
Nabble is superb.

Please:

* do you have in mind a timeline for acceptance of OpenID?

I imagine that you will continue to require from users: at least an e-mail address, for certain purposes (most notably: posts to related mail lists) but acceptance of OpenID will be a major win.

The fewer passwords that users must manage, the better.

Re: Nabble as an OpenID consumer

Graham Perrin
Please:

 * is OpenID on the roadmap?

I'm not pushing for a date. Just wondering.

I imagine that developers/supporters are already/regularly busy enough, fielding enquiries about Nabble 1 to 2 migrations, and Nabble 2 re-registration of Nabble 1 users.

Still, if you can bring OpenID neatly into the mix it will be a great incentive.

Thanks
Graham

Re: Nabble as an OpenID consumer

Hugo <Nabble>
We will take a look at OpenID in a few months.
First we have to finish some high priority issues.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Nabble as an OpenID consumer: future consideration

Graham Perrin
@ Hugo

Thanks for the advice.

With the future timeline in mind, I now know how to proceed with recommendation of Nabble for use at Freeman Centre (my place of work — multi-institutional, multi-LDAP etc.).

For your priority issues: good luck!

Incidentally, where recently I have been unusually busy in the Support forum, I suspect (hope) that the last of my significant questions has been asked, so I should be quieter from now on :)

Best regards
Graham

Re: Nabble as an OpenID consumer

Graham Perrin
Please, is OpenID on the roadmap yet?

Re: Nabble as an OpenID consumer

Hugo <Nabble>
Yes, it is in the roadmap, but we still need some time to finish the high priority features.

Re: Nabble as an OpenID consumer

☪Not_A_Admin
is facebook on the roadmap?
facebook is the most biggest social network.

Re: Nabble as an OpenID consumer

Hugo <Nabble>
Nabble will also move to the social network area in the next months and I am not sure if this will have any integration with facebook. We will certainly take a look at it when we are close to this goal.

Re: Nabble as an OpenID consumer

Ninjastocktrader
Yes, I agree Nabble interfaced with OpenID would be very helpful; I look forward to that!

Re: Nabble as an OpenID consumer

Graham Perrin
Please, any idea when this will happen?

The desire for this is far greater now that multiple registrations and multiple logins are required …

Re: Nabble as an OpenID consumer

Hugo <Nabble>
We can work on this when someone asks for this feature in the premium support forum, which should be available in a few weeks.

OpenID: now in the Premium Support area

Graham Perrin
Allow OpenID

Thanks!