Nabble Reverse DNS not set up properly

Coleen_Astalos
I've been having some problems with getting all the emails sent from Nabble to my email address.  I knew they were being sent out because I subscribed a different email address (at a different ISP) and got them all.  So I went to the ISP where I wasn't getting them and this is the response I got:

The problem appears to be with nabble.com. They are getting hit with the RDNS_NONE rule which means their reverse DNS isn't setup correctly for the mail server. If you look into the headers of a nabble message, you should see that this rule is getting hit. We give RDNS_NONE a higher score point, because it's a serious violation not to have a correct reverse DNS these days. I looked through one of the messages and I see they are sending mail from:

162.253.133.43

That Reverse DNS resolves back to:

static.162.253.133.43.macminivault.com

But there is no entry for static.162.253.133.43.macminivault.com. And really it should resolve back to: mwork.nabble.com which is their mail server, because mwork.nabble.com also resolves to 162.253.133.43. This is what trips that rule in SpamAssassin.
I know that MANY of my members have problems with the Nabble Emails going to their SPAM folder.  Can you look at making the change suggested above?   Perhaps this would solve the problem with Nabble Emails going to SPAM.

Thanks,
Coleen

Re: Nabble Reverse DNS not set up properly

GregChapman
Coleen_Astalos wrote
I know that MANY of my members have problems with the Nabble Emails going to their SPAM folder.  Can you look at making the change suggested above?   Perhaps this would solve the problem with Nabble Emails going to SPAM.
Here in the UK our largest ISP, BTInternet, the remnant of our once nationalised telephone company, ALWAYS seems to place Nabble emails in spam. I have a constant battle with their customers, as many are Internet naive and don't know how to "whitelist" Nabble addresses. This response provides the first indication I have as to why BT appears to have a far more aggressive spam filter than almost any other ISP.

Re: Nabble Reverse DNS not set up properly

Hugo <Nabble>
The reverse DNS has been fixed, thanks for reporting the issue.

Re: Nabble Reverse DNS not set up properly

Coleen_Astalos
Thanks.  Hopefully that will solve the problem of so many of Nabble Emails going to the SPAM folder.
Coleen