Nabble Redirect URL

JordonMMG
This post was updated on .
When using Nabble with service such as YOLA for my website, the redirect URL is taken from a sitebuilder/developer only version of my site.

Can someone please help get this URL changed? I don't understand why it's a pre-populated field, not editable.

https://gonzalesracing.com/GRT-iGP-Manager-Forum.php

This should be the URL...

*edit*
This is a video I made to the Yola staff member that I'm going back and forth with regarding the issue.

Re: Nabble Redirect URL

GregChapman
I know nothing of Yola and its site builder program and I may have missed something in your video amongst all the stuff about Yola. However, in  essence, your issue seems to be that you are choosing to re-direct your Nabble forum to display within Yola's site builder, when what you should be doing is re-directing it to your published site.

If I have understood your problem, then the answer is simple.

1. Finish building your site AND PUBLISH IT!

2. Visit to the published version of the page that contains your Nabble forum.

3. Select: Options > Embedding options and choose the "Re-direct to" option at that point.

The re-direct link that you complain is hard coded will always point to the page in which it is currently being viewed. NEVER attempt to use Nabble's redirect, until you are viewing your forum in the version that the public will see.

In your case, you are, forcing it to de-direct to Yola's site builder to which only you will have access.

Re: Nabble Redirect URL

JordonMMG
I've attempted your method but it doesn't work.

When I embed to the site and publish, only the link is available. When I select that link, there is no option for redirection because Nabble requires that you be in an embedded version to access that option.

In order to get any version of the embed to work, I have to perform the redirection step while in the site builder.

Re: Nabble Redirect URL

GregChapman
I expressed myself badly. When I said "The solution is simple" I meant "What you should have done instead of implementing a redirect with the site builder".

Your response this time is a little unclear about where you are are what you have done to return to the original position, but I suspect you still have the incorrect redirect in place.

If that is the case, what you need to do now is go to your forum (which currently displays embedded in the site builder) then...

1. Remove the redirect.
2. Exit the site builder
3. Visit the page that includes your forum in the published Yola site
4. Implement the redirect to that page.
(Now you are within the published site a re-direct to the published site will be the only redirect option offered.)