Nabble 1 to Nabble 2 - should I create a new private forum?

Nabble 1 to Nabble 2 - should I create a new private forum?

Movement III
Hi! On Friday - I finally figured out how to get my private forum on my website and it worked - YEAY!

I started to add my private subscribers - my 14 students - and those that got on said it worked - YEAY!

NOW - two days futzing and starting to get the hang of you guys finally --- but then -

OH NO! Nabble 2....

Should I just start all over again since it's so new? Start a whole new forum since my forum is still so fetal?

THANKS -

btw - I'm a professor - and trying to figure out how I can send my students assignments and have them post their homework back to me....  I'm making "new topic" into Week 1 Assignments, Week 2 Assignments, etc...  Should I be doing subforums or just sticking with the one biggee?

maggie

Re: Nabble 1 to Nabble 2 - should I create a new private forum?

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Yes, you should do it on Nabble2, as Nabble has all the new features and Nabble1 is going away. Actually, I am curious as how can start things on nabble1, because we already hid the Nabbl1 interface for starting new forums several month ago.

In any case, since your new forum is still new, please start over again on nabble2.

Movement III wrote
btw - I'm a professor - and trying to figure out how I can send my students assignments and have them post their homework back to me....  I'm making "new topic" into Week 1 Assignments, Week 2 Assignments, etc...  Should I be doing subforums or just sticking with the one biggee?
I would recommend to start with one biggee - this will keep the forum busy. If you start a deep structure, it dilutes the actions. Once you feel there are too much actions, then you can always create subforum then, and you can move topics into subforums then.

Help again - still don't get private forum posting subscribing users posting etc...

Movement III
Okee-dokee then.... Will build new Nabble 2 discussion forum

I'm not getting how to create a private forum where I can post to my 14 students and they can post to me - does it happen by email or on the website? When I add my user by email - how do they send me their homework? When I post my homework assignment or something on the site - do they get a notice by email to go look at it or what?

Again - I'm a professor, want to use this forum as a private forum to post assignments to my 14 students, they get the assignments (how do they get them) and they post their homework and any discussion or comments back to me on the forum so all of us in this private forum can read and share them and comment on what different people have said.

Here's my nascent website address: http://homepage.mac.com/maggiemcclellan/My%20Website/

As you can see - I'm still figuring out how to organize THAT....

BTW - I'm using Rapidweaver 3.2.1 on a Mac, publishing to .mac. I have pics I want to add - lotta stuff. I've found a program called "Webcrusher" which is supposed to make the a wbsite load faster? Does it?

THANKS AND THANKS AND THANKS FOR THE QUICK REPLy - and from what I can tell - your patience....

Pretty amazing for a free site....  If you need some money soon - I'm happy to help if you don't go to ads pretty pleeez....

maggie

Maggie McClellan
Associate Professor/Movement & Acting
Department of Theatre
Southern Oregon University
AShland, OR 97520
541-552-8252

Re: Help again - still don't get private forum posting subscribing users posting etc...

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Movement III wrote
Okee-dokee then.... Will build new Nabble 2 discussion forum
After seeing your site, I found that you actually don't have any nabble1 forums. All your forums are nabble2 forums. So, there is no need to create anything new.

Movement III wrote
I'm not getting how to create a private forum where I can post to my 14 students and they can post to me - does it happen by email or on the website?
Their posts will be on the website. But they can also subscribe to the forum. On the forum, click Options->Subscribe - a subscriber will get every post by email. This way, they can also read post in their emails, and they can reply to the email, and their reply will also show up on the website.

Movement III wrote
When I add my user by email - how do they send me their homework?
If you want everyone to see everyone else's homework, then they can just post their homework on the forum. They can also, of course, just email their homework to you.

Movement III wrote
When I post my homework assignment or something on the site - do they get a notice by email to go look at it or what?
Yes, if they are subscribers to the forum. You can ask them to subscribe.

Movement III wrote
Again - I'm a professor, want to use this forum as a private forum to post assignments to my 14 students, they get the assignments (how do they get them) and they post their homework and any discussion or comments back to me on the forum so all of us in this private forum can read and share them and comment on what different people have said.
Yes, a forum is perfect for this purpose.