Nabble 1 and Nabble 2

Geert Claes
I have recently added a mailing list archive about a Smalltalk programming language related project on Nabble.  How come the Nabble 1 and Nabble 2 are so different though?  I would have liked our mailing list to join the existing Smalltalk related mailing lists already on Nabble but they are all on Nabble 1.  I have been told by one of the owners of an existing Nabble 1 mailing list that they refuse to migrate to Nabble 2 since they would lose all links to posts?

Re: Nabble 1 and Nabble 2

Hugo <Nabble>
Hi Geert,
Geert wrote
How come the Nabble 1 and Nabble 2 are so different though?
Nabble 1 is old and not supported anymore. Nabble 2 is simpler, cleaner, faster and much more.
Geert wrote
I would have liked our mailing list to join the existing Smalltalk related mailing lists already on Nabble but they are all on Nabble 1.
All forums from Nabble 1 will be migrated to Nabble 2 soon. So you can keep the new archive on Nabble 2 and put them together when the old ones arrive at the new system.
Geert wrote
I have been told by one of the owners of an existing Nabble 1 mailing list that they refuse to migrate to Nabble 2 since they would lose all links to posts?
That's not true. Each URL sends a permanent redirect to the new URL on Nabble 2. For example, click on:
http://www.nabble.com/OSGeo.org-f18127.html
http://www.nabble.com/-OSGeo---304%3A-Usermap-for-OSGeo-wiki-tp20146107p20146107.html
Note that you will land on the exact page on Nabble 2.

We are finishing the Nabble 2 distributed architecture and large migrations must wait for now. We will let you know when we are ready to start migrating the forums.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com