NAML Editor syntax highlighting appears to cause massive lag in Firefox 8.0

NAML Editor syntax highlighting appears to cause massive lag in Firefox 8.0

DavidJCobb
When typing in the NAML Editor, I experience intermittent and very noticeable slowdown, sometimes to the point where strings of keypresses are completely skipped. I can type out a single tag, watch each character appear slowly one-by-one over the course of several seconds, see a few get skipped because of a lag spike...

It's hard to describe the exact manner in which the slowdown behaves, but the way it acts makes me very strongly suspect that the syntax highlighting in the editor causes the lag. The weird thing, though, is that the syntax highlight worked perfectly without any slowdown in Firefox 7. (I was impressed when I first saw it!)

I don't know what would've changed from FF7 to FF8 to cause this, but the lag does make editing macros relatively tedious. This is by no means a serious problem or a high-priority issue, but I would greatly appreciate an attempt at fixing this, though.

Re: NAML Editor syntax highlighting appears to cause massive lag in Firefox 8.0

Peter <Nabble>
Is your FF8 clean or does it have extensions? If it has extensions, can you try running FF8 on safe mode?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode#Windows
Nabble staff. We never ask for passwords.

Re: NAML Editor syntax highlighting appears to cause massive lag in Firefox 8.0

DavidJCobb
Ran it on safe mode. No issues.

Now that I think about it, I think it may have been just a performance issue from having too many tabs open. Apologies for the unnecessary thread.