My account has gone missing

j.e.collins
I have been administering the Power TAC Developers account for at least 9 years. A couple days ago I tried to respond to a post and discovered that my account is gone -- I can no longer log in, and I cannot even get a password reset because it says it does not recognize my email address. So I created a new account under my gmail identity in order to post this message. I would prefer not to put my primary email in this message for obvious reasons, but the username on the missing account is "grampajohn".

I hope this account is recoverable, otherwise I'll need help getting admin privileges connected to a new account.

Thanks.

John Collins
University of Minnesota

Re: My account has gone missing

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
Hello John,
What is the URL of the old forum?

Regards,
The Nabble team

Re: My account has gone missing

You are making an error in thinking you have an account at Nabble. See:
http://greghelp.991552.n3.nabble.com/My-Nabble-Account-Why-That-s-Wrong-Thinking-tp4012787.html
j.e.collins wrote
I have been administering the Power TAC Developers account for at least 9 years. A couple days ago I tried to respond to a post and discovered that my account is gone -- I can no longer log in, and I cannot even get a password reset because it says it does not recognize my email address. So I created a new account under my gmail identity in order to post this message.  I would prefer not to put my primary email in this message for obvious reasons, but the username on the missing account is "grampajohn".
I take it that you refer to the forum at:
http://power-tac-developers.975333.n3.nabble.com/
Go there. Follow the "People" link and on the following screen filter the list of users to show only "Administrators". Grampajohn is listed there. Click on that user and on the next screen there's a link there to send that user an email. It should come to you at the address at which you are registered.

My best guess is that you normally stay logged in and have either logged out or are using a different machine to normal to attempt to post and - again guessing - that you use a old email address on that forum and you assume that you changed it a while back - but in reality have not.

Re: My account has gone missing

j.e.collins
Israel <Nabble> wrote
Hello John,
What is the URL of the old forum?
It's http://power-tac-developers.975333.n3.nabble.com/

I cannot log in, it says the email I've been using for at least 9 years is not recognized. But when I try to create an account with my original email and username, it says the username is already in use. I can cfreate a new account, but then all the content that's associated with my original account will not be associated with me. I'm by far the biggest contributor to that forum.

John Collins

Administrator
Hello John, what is the email address linked to the Power TAC Developers forum?

Re: My account has gone missing

Israel <Nabble>
Administrator
Hi John,
Sorry for the late reply. Have you tried log in with other email address? Do you have any other email address which contain the number 075? If so try to use it and then change your password.