My Forum Doesnt Load in Wix

Kay

My Forum Doesnt Load in Wix

Kay
Im building a website on Wix.com and i tried to attach my forun (http://stronghold-online-community.2356761.n4.nabble.com) there and it just dont load. It appears the "Loading..." image but it never run. Can anybody please fix me or tell me how to do it?

Re: My Forum Doesnt Load in Wix

GregChapman
I have just done a search for "wix" on this forum and found this topic:
http://support.nabble.com/Issue-when-embedding-into-Wix-td7594607.html

There's no response, but if you check the link given you'll find the forum is now working within the author's site.

I'd recommend that you approach that guy to see how he solved his problem. Failing that try Wix Support as this seems like an issue with how you achieve what you want within wix software rather than a problem with Nabble.
Kay

Re: My Forum Doesnt Load in Wix

Kay
I just sent a email to him, but i was expecting a Nabble answer :c

Re: My Forum Doesnt Load in Wix

GregChapman
It really is a Wix problem.

The embedding code Nabble supplies does work provided you put the code in the right place.

The trouble with the likes of Wix and Weebly and other services that promote themselves as "no coding knowledge required" web design software is that, as a matter of policy, they hide the code that their software generates as far as possible from users. That inevitably means that it becomes easy to use the wrong Wix and Weebly techniques to embed the code.

I certainly feel it really is not the job of Nabble to work out how to get their software to work in other company's products. It is for those companies to provide better help for their customers who might want to add facilities to their sites that the company's software does not support. It's not just forum code, that their users might want but internal site searches, particular kinds of photo galleries, shopping carts and all the other services that their software does not support and their users might want to include in their sites.
Kay

Re: My Forum Doesnt Load in Wix

Kay
Indeed. Wix dont allow me to have access on theri HTML\CSS code so i can't do anything about it...

Re: My Forum Doesnt Load in Wix

GregChapman
Kay wrote
Indeed. Wix dont allow me to have access on theri HTML\CSS code so i can't do anything about it...
Nevertheless, the WiX built site at: http://nofiaon.wix.com/bibbundle#!faq/c1yzj
does show a working Nabble forum, so it obviously can be done, although the author doesn't seem to have given it the space it needs to display in full without scrolling it.