Moving posts created by other owner/author

YJ

Moving posts created by other owner/author

YJ
I created and am managing a Nabble2 forum.  The problem is some people post to wrong topic by replying to email without much thinking, and some people keep creating the same topic even with the identical topic name.  Some people do not understand that by replying to post email, they are also posting to the forum (of course, I tried explaining, but ...). The forum is getting messy as a result with mixed topics under a topic.  I found I cannot move topics/posts created by others since I'm not the owner or creator.

Is there any way to override this limit?  I really need to sort out the topics so that the forum stays focused.

Re: Moving posts created by other owner/author

Hugo <Nabble>
If you are the forum owner, you should see the option "More > Move post to..." for each post.
Do you see it? If yes, you can use this page and leave the input field blank, which will make the post a new topic in the forum. Have you tried that?
YJ

Re: Moving posts created by other owner/author

YJ
That's neat.  It moved an unrelated post and all the replies as a new topic.  I didn't know if I can leave it blank.

Now, I have two topics with the identical titles.  Can I join them by moving a post from one to another?

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/Moving-posts-created-by-other-owner-author-tp3882646p3882683.html
To unsubscribe from Moving posts created by other owner/author, click here.

Re: Moving posts created by other owner/author

Hugo <Nabble>
Yes. You can grab the permalink (More > Permalink) of the post you want to be the parent and then go to the other post and click on "More > Move post to..." and paste the permalink in the input box.
YJ

Re: Moving posts created by other owner/author

YJ
I already tried it.  It failed because both of the topics were created by other person and I don't own them.  I need a way to override it.

You can post a reply under the topic saying "I'm moving another topic under this post in order to merge the discussions.". Then you move the other post under your reply. This will help people understand what happened.
YJ

Re: Moving posts created by other owner/author

YJ
Very clever!  I merged them.  Thanks.

Now, another question (sorry).  Since now I know I can move a post and its replies to a new post (by using blank permalink), which is great.  But, I found that in that case I couldn't edit the title to something more appropriate as a new topic (rather than reply to a wrong topic).  Any clever idea to solve this problem?

You can follow the same idea: create a new topic with the subject line that you think is correct. Then move the branch under your new topic. You may explain in your root post what you did.
YJ

I thought about that.  I want to honor (?) others creating a new topic as much as possible.  If I create a new topic myself and put others' under mine, people may feel like I'm monopolizing the forum.  Anyway, this concern may be a bit too much.  I just wanted to know more features about your great forum.
Thanks again for all your replies.

Re: Moving posts created by other owner/author

Hugo <Nabble>
In this case, I guess you should ask the author of the root post to change the subject for you.