Moderators

MrSun
Can there be an option to let members be moderators and just delete topics instead of doing things an admin is capable of?
PM | Profile | Posts

Re: Moderators

Franklin <Nabble>
Administrator
No, but what admin features are you worried about giving to your members?  I would think that someone who you trust enough to allow them to remove topics should be trustworthy for the other admin powers.

Re: Moderators

MrSun
That's just it. I may feel somewhat comfortable for someone to be an admin, but only delete topics. There are a lot of people on here that give random members admin status and get all of their forums deleted except their parent.
PM | Profile | Posts

Re: Moderators

MrSun
There could be a control panel to select what abilities an admin has, per say delete topics and child forums.
PM | Profile | Posts

Re: Moderators

Franklin <Nabble>
Actually, nothing gets deleted, neither subforums nor topics.  What actually happens is that they are removed from the forum.  These removed items then simply exist as independent entities with no parent.  This means that these actions are reversible, so you don't have to be so worried about what other admins do.

The reason that we don't have a permissions control panel is that this adds complexity both to our code and to the user interface.  We prefer keeping things simple and as harmless as possible.

Re: Moderators

MrSun
I realize that the postings and child forums aren't deleted, but is there a way of notifying the owner of these events? So, if it were a misconception of an admin, the topic or child forum could be returned to the specified area.
PM | Profile | Posts

Re: Moderators

Franklin <Nabble>
Administrator
MrSun wrote
I realize that the postings and child forums aren't deleted, but is there a way of notifying the owner of these events?
There should be but there isn't.  I will add this to our work queue.