Moderated Posts Sub-Forum: Making Visible/Invisible

Moderated Posts Sub-Forum: Making Visible/Invisible

GregChapman
I have a forum containing a number of sub-forums. Posting is only allowed to the sub-forums. (This keeps the main page looking neat with just a list of the main forum areas and the most recent posts in each in each of them)

One of the sub-forums is for moderated posts. I only want the moderators to see this sub-forum. With the permissions I have set currently, the moderators can only view this forum to see which posts have been moved there, either by using the Permalink address, or by entering via OPTIONS > STRUCTURE > MANAGE SUBCATEGORIES from the main forum.

What permissions should I set, and at what level, so that when a moderator logs-in the "Moderated Posts" sub-forum is visible on the Main Page. Obviously, this area needs to remain invisible to ordinary users.

Re: Moderated Posts Sub-Forum: Making Visible/Invisible

GregChapman
Ah! I may have confused our learned masters by referring to a "forum". I should have said that my application is "Mixed". Can anyone confirm this is a bug?

In a "Forum" if "anyone" is removed from "View" permissions, the sub-forum will disappear only to appear for members of groups with "View" permission granted. All is well!

However, in a "Mixed" application, once "anyone" is removed from "View" permissions, it disappears and only shows in odd places, like the "Manage subcategories" page. It will not show in the parent forum regardless of any group being given View rights.

Re: Moderated Posts Sub-Forum: Making Visible/Invisible

GregChapman
No that's not right!

It does something rather different in a Forum. It seems that in a Forum the reverse happens and you can't make it disappear, even if the View permission revoked!

Do I have to assume that the View permission is generally "broken" or am I missing something?

Re: Moderated Posts Sub-Forum: Making Visible/Invisible

Hugo <Nabble>
Since the mixed view shows a list of topics per sub-forum on the front page, private sub-forums cannot be displayed there because its topics would be revealed. Note that those pages are cached for performance reasons and we can't displayed things based on who is logged in. So we always display the same front page to everyone. If you want easy access to your sub-forum, you can bookmark it in your browser or use a different app type, like "forum" (choose "standard" format in the change appearance page).