Mobile Friendly Apps

Nabble team - I'd love to hear your plans for improving the functionality of Nabble apps on mobile devises.

Posting is difficult (on my droid anyway) and uploading images is even harder - sometimes I can't do it.

I'd really like to keep my app embedded with I think might make improvements complicated.

What are you guys thinking?

Re: Mobile Friendly

Hugo <Nabble>
I would like to understand the issues here.
Harvey44 wrote
Posting is difficult (on my droid anyway)
Why is it difficult? Because the fields are too small? Anything else?
Harvey44 wrote
uploading images is even harder - sometimes I can't do it.
I tried this on a forum that is not embedded and it worked fine. Of course the small screen makes things harder, but it worked fine.
Harvey44 wrote
I'd really like to keep my app embedded with I think might make improvements complicated.
Since the trouble seems to be in the New Topic/Reply pages, then maybe we could make the experience different only on those pages. For example, visitors would visit your embedded forum, but they would get a simple New Topic/Reply page if they try to post anything. I assume we can simply hide the embedding and everything else so that we make good use of space in those locations. After posting, the user would see again the forum embedded. Does that make sense? In any case, we still have to investigate this and make some tests just to make sure it works.

What do you think?

Re: Mobile Friendly

Harvey
I can't really explain it.

It's really hard to post. I heard from others in my forum that they just assumed mobile was "READ ONLY."

You can't see what you are typing as it is off screen.

When you try to edit what you have written it very tough to get the cursor in the right spot. If I have a typo that I didn't see when I typed it (which happens a lot because the text is off the screen when you enter it) you can't easily move the cursor to the spot where the mistake is.  I usually end of deleting (backspacing) the whole sentence or just leaving the errors and fixing them later when I get to my computer.

About 70% of the time when I hit the INSERT IMAGE button it opens the image insert window but the BROWSE button doesn't do anything. You click on it an nothing happens.

I have a motorola droid razer - maybe  a year old?

Maybe its just my phone. I'd like to move this thread to free support to see if others are having issues.

I don't like the idea of leaving the embedding behind.

Re: Mobile Friendly

Hugo <Nabble>
It seems to me that increasing the size of the font and make space more efficient would solve most of the problems. You should also try another cell phone if possible.

Please feel free to move this thread to the free support area. Please let me know if you want us to do it.

Re: Mobile Friendly

Harvey

I don't think the size is a factor.

You can enlarge anything on a touch screen and click it.  The links at the top of my forum are very small and I can click them without enlarging.

Even if I buy a new phone I cant really ask my forum members to do that.

(via mobile)

On May 2, 2013 1:16 PM, "Hugo &lt;Nabble&gt; [via Nabble Support]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
It seems to me that increasing the size of the font and make space more efficient would solve most of the problems. You should also try another cell phone if possible.

Please feel free to move this thread to the free support area. Please let me know if you want us to do it.
Official Nabble Administrator - we never ask for passwords.

http://support.nabble.com/Mobile-Friendly-Apps-tp7584259p7584290.html
To unsubscribe from Mobile Friendly Apps, click here.
NAML

Re: Mobile Friendly

Harvey

I just insert ed this I.Mage here and it went in pretty easily.  Couldn't do it in my forum.

Re: Mobile Friendly

Hugo <Nabble>
Harvey44 wrote
Couldn't do it in my forum.
Why?

Re: Mobile Friendly

Harvey
Nothing would happen when I tried to click BROWSE.

Re: Mobile Friendly

Harvey
Here's a mobile issue:

When I try to adjust my advanced settings on my phone it keeps telling me to login even though I am already logged in:

Re: Mobile Friendly

Pedro
What were you trying to do?

Re: Mobile Friendly

Harvey
Trying to make myself invisible on my phone.

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Pedro <Nabble> [via Nabble Support] <[hidden email]> wrote:
What were you trying to do?

http://support.nabble.com/Mobile-Friendly-Apps-tp7584259p7584424.html

--
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog
NY Ski Directory: directory.NYSkiBlog.com

Re: Mobile Friendly

Pedro
I see the problem. We gonna work on it.

Re: Mobile Friendly

Harvey
Here's a recurring problem from someone in our forum, but many have had the issue:

"I'm having a problem uploading multiple pictures into a post. My phone apparently calls every picture "image", so if I just tried to post a bunch of pics from my phone, they'd all be the photo I uploaded last. Is there a way that the software can just rename the photos while uploading (image1, image2, etc.)?"

Re: Mobile Friendly

Hugo <Nabble>
Harvey, I installed a new code in your forum that should make posting from mobile much easier. Please open your forum with your cell phone and try to post something. If this works fine, we will make it a module for all Nabble users.

Re: Mobile Friendly

Harvey
This seems to be an improvement. There has been a discussion on this in our forum, so let me ask others (with different kinds of phones) to try it. I will let you know.

Can you explain what you did?

http://support.nabble.com/Mobile-Friendly-Apps-tp7584259p7584743.html
To unsubscribe from Mobile Friendly Apps, click here.
NAML

--
"Like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NYSkiBlog
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nyskiblog
----------
Harvey Road: NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Forum: forum.NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Magazine: mag.NYSkiBlog.com
NY Ski Directory: directory.NYSkiBlog.com

Re: Mobile Friendly

Hugo <Nabble>
Harvey44 wrote
Can you explain what you did?
We created new interfaces for the "new topic" and "reply" pages. We used HTML5 and a project called Bootstrap, which is great for mobile content. Only mobile users can see that interface.

Re: Mobile Friendly

Harvey
Hugo... i think it would be good if you follow this thread:

http://forum.nyskiblog.com/NYSB-Mobile-tp3980972p4028935.html

Re: Mobile Friendly

This issue keeps resurfacing. Mobile users getting frustrated with losing posts, getting logged out, etc.

It's hard for me to document the problems.  Could you get an iPhone and see if you can recreate issues?

Re: Mobile Friendly

Harvey
For some reason on my phone I see fonts in different sizes.  On my apps and this forum too.

Re: Mobile Friendly

Pedro
Do you have any issues using iPhone at other areas of your site? I mean, areas where there is no nabble app.