Mixed view - can do more than four showing?

Mixed view - can do more than four showing?

Vicki C
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
- V. C.
WtV forums  http://writethevision.org
Write the Vision  Habbakuk 2:2-3
  "Where there is no *vision, the people perish..." - Pro. 29:18a
  *vision = chazown (Hebrew) oracle, prophesy, vision, DIVINE COMMUNICATION

Re: Mixed view - can do more than four showing?

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Thanks for the comment. We try to keep everything as simple as we can, therefore we are reluctant to having this extra parameter in this particular view. Perhaps the best way is to find a compromise so that the shown threads is reasonable for most cases. Can you tell us why do you need 8?

Re: Mixed view - can do more than four showing?

-v.c.
Will,

That is a good question - hmmmmmm

OK -- I went back to the basic/default set-up, because I do actually want "simple" (more like a 'comment' board, but with ability to respond), and I would like to control the length of post-headers that show on my main homepage, on my site ( when I publish the forum there, later )

What I have so far on my test page is about right for me, after I reduce the width, along with wanting to control the # of post-headers that show-homepage/main page ???

here's my testing so far:  http://writethevision.org/mytestpage.htm

I think I'm getting there...........

OK, Thank you for responding, Will.

Re: Mixed view - can do more than four showing?

a_priori
Will,

I think 4 visible threads per forum is a good default setting, but I've made my case for the ability to show more than 4 threads per forum on this thread, preferably with the ability of owners to chose the number of visible threads on a per forum basis.

After having used the Mixed View format for several days on my forum, I've received a lot of feedback. Most users love it, but the majority have commented that more threads need to be visible in the busier forums. Having the number of threads visible in Mixed View as a selectable option on a per forum basis would really be a great addition to this format and would allow owners to decide what's best for their particular forums.

James