Mixed-up Nabble Account Registrations

Clueless in Seattle
I'm having problems with Nabble because I mistakenly created two accounts.

Is this the correct forum for asking for help sorting out my accounts?

Will in Seattle
a.k.a. "Clueless"
Will in Seattle
a.k.a. "Clueless"

Re: Mixed-up Nabble Account Registrations

GregChapman
Hi Will,

Yes, this is the correct forum for asking technical questions about Nabble forums, how to set them up, maintain and manage them.

"Account" is not a term in Nabble vocabulary. If you are a forum administrator then I would argue it is not a mistake to create for yourself a second registered user (if that is what you mean by "account").

I strongly recommend that all administrators have an additional registration so, once you start changing user group permissions, you can use it to test how a forum will appear to ordinary users.

Please define what you mean by "account" (some mean created two forums, others think of "account" in other ways) and explain a little more about what you have done and the problem it is causing you.

Re: Mixed-up Nabble Account Registrations

Clueless in Seattle
By "account" I meant the combination of the email address, user name and password that I entered when I registered with Nabble.

Will in Seattle
a.k.a. "Clueless"
Will in Seattle
a.k.a. "Clueless"

Re: Mixed-up Nabble Account Registrations

GregChapman
Hi Will,

In which case you have no problem.

Click on your username, then Account Settings then Edit Personal Information and you will find options to edit username, email and password.

You may need to make a temporary edit if you wish to swap a setting as Nabble doesn't allow two users with the same username or email address.