Missing Email Registration Confirmation

Farming
Hello,
I've tried to register to a forum, that uses Nabble, a dozen times now.  Every time it gives me the "Registering..." Message.

"Registering...
An email has been sent to  you.
Please follow the instructions in the email to complete the registration process.
If you are not receiving emails from Nabble, please check your spam folder."

However, after a dozen attempts over 14 days I still have never received this "Email Confirmation."  I'm using hotmail directly online, I'm not using a third party email client.

I checked every web email (hotmail) folder I have, including but not limited to...
-  Junk Email
-  Deleted Items
-  Inbox

When I try to log in, using the information I registered with, it states that my user email is not registered.

Further, I contacted the websites support, who checked the link and they had no problems getting the "Email Confirmation."  Also, I saw two other people registering without any problem during the 2 weeks I tried to register.

In addition, I followed exactly the same procedure to register on that website as I did to register for this Nabble Support.  I had no problems with registering here.  I got the same "Registering..." message as above, but for this Nabble Support Forum I received the email confirmation with a few second of hitting submit.  Even more puzzling

Finally, I tried using different browsers and I disabled all browser add-ons.

This is all I can think of trying, do anyone have a clue why this could happen?  One request, please do not ask a question that's already answered...lol.  It always seems to happen

Thanks a bunch!

Re: Missing Email Registration Confirmation

GregChapman
In my experience Hotmail can, at times, be highly unreliable.

In a few cases mail for me, my acquaintances, colleagues and clients have been held in Microsoft's servers for months - I do mean months - more commonly a number of days, before delivery. The cause is never clear and can go unreported on sites that provide information on current email server outages. Perhaps unsurprisingly as an organisation the size of Microsoft has many servers and some, though affecting thousands of users will be an extremely small proportion of their total users.

The fact that your registration on this Nabble hosted forum works and that others succeed in registering on the forum you wish to join does suggest that it is the emails for you that are being held up.

Try registering on the other forum with a non-Hotmail address. The issue is, almost certainly, with Hotmail - and hopefully only temporary.

Re: Missing Email Registration Confirmation

Farming
Hello Greg,

Thank you for your reply!

Your answer makes perfect of sense.  Now you mentioned that I do recall years ago a colleague of mine experiencing exactly what you describe, "holding up emails".  I completely forgot about that.

Another email provider it is!

Thank you once again for shedding light on this puzzling experience.

Have a nice day!

Re: Missing Email Registration Confirmation

ashaw
She also used an AOL email to try to register as well and neither of us received a notification.  Does this also explain why here initial registration disappeared?

Re: Missing Email Registration Confirmation

GregChapman
There is no way I know for a user or administrator to delete or remove a registration, once confirmed. All you can to is change the username and/or email address.

It is also entirely possible to hold two or more registrations since Nabble has no way to know it is the same person who owns them. Indeed I always recommend that an Administrator has two registratioñs. The second allows him to test that users added to the various groups do have the access intended to different areas.

Only Nabble staff can remove users from forums and they will only do that if given compelling reasons by an Administrator. In eight years of monitoring this forum I only recall that being done on two or three occasions.