Quantcast

Migrating forums from Nabble1 to Nabble2

Locked 241 messages Options
1234 ... 13

Migrating forums from Nabble1 to Nabble2

Hugo <Nabble>
Administrator
This post was updated on .
We have released our distributed architecture and now we can migrate forums from the old system to Nabble2.

We will start with the requests posted on this support forum (we will look at every request already posted). If you have a forum in the old system and want to have it migrated, please reply to this post.

Migration FAQ

(1) Will I lose my links and URLs related to the old forum?

No. Each URL sends a permanent redirect to the new URL on Nabble 2. For example, click on:
http://old.nabble.com/grails---user-f11861.html
Note that you will land on the exact page on Nabble 2.

(2) Can I use the forum while it is being migrated?

Yes. The new forum will be created and you can use it, but previous posts will be missing. They will appear as migration happens.

I will add more questions/answers later.
Official Nabble Administrator - we never ask for passwords.

Nabble™ 2: distribution (without equivalence) across n2, n3 and n4; and Google search results

Graham Perrin
Sharing the results of an experiment, to help me visualise the nature of the distribution:

1. Neither
<http://n4.nabble.com/-tp3774041p3774041.html> nor
<http://n3.nabble.com/-tp3774041p3774041.html> is equivalent to n2 permalink
<http://n2.nabble.com/-tp3774041p3774041.html>.

2. Simply, some forums are on the new servers, for example
<http://n3.nabble.com/-f4.html>
<http://n4.nabble.com/-f1.html
and a permalink to an item on n4 will have n4 in the URL of the permalink, for example
<http://n4.nabble.com/-tp3p3.html> for Agile Strategies for Enterprise Architects.

3. With <http://www.nabble.com/>, <http://n2.nabble.com/> and <http://n4.nabble.com/> as starting points, Google Custom Search Engine does not find that topic Agile Strategies for Enterprise Architects on n4. I guess that later results for the same searches will succeed :-) and in any case, I rarely seek something from a Nabble home page; I usually search within the constraints of a forum.

Nice work, Nabble!

Re: Migrating forums from Nabble1 to Nabble2

Alejandro Tejada
This is a request to migrate Runtime Revolution forums
to Nabble2:

http://old.nabble.com/Runtime-Revolution-f14573.html

Re: Migrating forums from Nabble1 to Nabble2

David Haslam
This is a request to migrate SWORD Dev to Nabble2.

Thanks.

DFH

The Runtime Revolution forum has been migrated.

The Sword Dev forum has been migrated, but the new subcription request is still awaiting moderator approval. If you are the moderator, please approve that request as soon as possible.
Official Nabble Administrator - we never ask for passwords.

Re: Migrating forums from Nabble1 to Nabble2

David Haslam
Hugo,

Thanks for migrating SWORD Dev. It looks OK to me in the new environment.

I'm not sure who originally set up the Nabble mirror of the SWORD Dev mailing list, nor even if they still participate in it.

I made the migration request, because I find it more convenient to use this method of participation, than to use one of my email clients.

David

Re: Migrating forums from Nabble1 to Nabble2

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Re: Migrating forums from Nabble1 to Nabble2

Steve Poepoe
Please migrate the Filemaker forums to the new Nabble.

Thank you,
Steve

Re: Migrating forums from Nabble1 to Nabble2

Hugo <Nabble>
Administrator
Please confirm that you are talking about the forum below:
http://old.nabble.com/Filemaker-f734.html

Yes, that's the one. Thank you very much!
Steve

Those forums have been migrated. I also migrated the Hudson-issues in order to keep them together.

Hi Steve, the Filemaker forum has successfully migrated.

Monkiki

Thank you!

The Jackrabbit forum has been successfully migrated.
Official Nabble Administrator - we never ask for passwords.

Re: Migrating forums from Nabble1 to Nabble2

Erich Hayner
What do I do? Duh 50 y.o. Newbie here. I can say that programming with punch cards sometimes seemed easier..... Although everything once seemed easier dammit!

Re: Migrating forums from Nabble1 to Nabble2

Bryant Law
Please migrate my forum located at www.chesapeakeflyers.com frpm nabble 1 to nabble 2 and email me when it is completed. Thanks

Re: Migrating forums from Nabble1 to Nabble2

henrib
Please migrate Apache commons forums & children to Nabble2:
http://old.nabble.com/Apache-Commons-f292.html
Thanks

Re: Migrating forums from Nabble1 to Nabble2

HeirForcePastor
Requesting transfer from Nabble1 to Nabble2.

http://heirforce.weebly.com/forum.html
1234 ... 13