Migrating Nabble to other forum software...

Migrating Nabble to other forum software...

moetime
I've enjoyed my Nabble forum, but now I'm moving to vBulletin 4.1.1  I am wondering if there is a way to import my old Nabble forum to the new vBulletin? Has anyone done that or had experience doing this?

My old forum is around 3 months old and has about 2,000 posts.

I'm not sure how I should handle the transition to vBulletin and a new forum, so any suggestions would be welcome.

By the way, I really liked using Nabble. It is much more user friendly than vBulletin 4.*, and can be put up by anyone.

Thanks

Re: Migrating Nabble to other forum software...

Hugo <Nabble>
We export the forum data to XML format. You would have to create a small program to move the data to the new vBulletin database (you would have to investigate the details of vBulletin to understand the table structures). We care about our users and we think it is fair to let them leave when they want to. So the XML export should solve your problem.

Re: Migrating Nabble to other forum software...

moetime
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
... We care about our users and we think it is fair to let them leave when they want to. So the XML export should solve your problem.
Thanks  Hugo <Nabble>!

-Chris