Messages disappeared

Fletcher Family
Hi Guys

New here - I have a couple of problems and I hope you can help.

Firstly my messages have disappeared - they should be here http://www.wasana.co.uk/messages-for-friends-and-family.html

Secondly I tried to follow this instruction in "help"

Options/Editor

However I cannot see Options anywhere in my account - it just has Personal Settings - I cant see an Options link.

Great product by the way and I hope someone can help me. If possible try and keep answers simple coz my English is not great.

Sawasdee from Thailand

Wasana

Re: Messages disappeared

Graham Perrin
Fletcher Family wrote
my messages have disappeared - they should be here http://www.wasana.co.uk/messages-for-friends-and-family.html
http://n2.nabble.com/user/UserNodes.jtp?user=137094&filter=posts shows that you have messages there, and (so far) one message here in Nabble Support, and no orphaned (removed) messages.

Re: Messages disappeared

Fletcher Family
Hi Graham

Yes I can see them inside my nabble account but they have disappeared from my website.

They should be visible here.

http://www.wasana.co.uk/messages-for-friends-and-family.html

Also in my Nabble Account the link for "Options" isnt there anymore - only a link for personal settings.

Thanks
Wasana

Re: Messages disappeared

Graham Perrin
Fletcher Family wrote
I do see five topics there, and five topics (some with more than one message) at <http://n2.nabble.com/user/UserNodes.jtp?user=137094&filter=posts>. No discrepancy.

Please: what's your operating system and version? Browser and version?

Graham Perrin
Fletcher Family wrote
in my Nabble Account the link for "Options" isnt there anymore - only a link for personal settings.
At my <http://n2.nabble.com/user/UserNodes.jtp?user=19440> I don't see options.

Similarly at your <http://n2.nabble.com/user/UserNodes.jtp?user=137094> you may not see options.

Options menus do appear elsewhere.

Have you previously used Nabble 1? Are you fairly new to Nabble 2?

Re: Messages disappeared

Fletcher Family
Hi Graham

Thanks for your help.

Windows XP Home (not sure version)

Firefox - latest as it updated the other day.

When that page opens a blue "link" saying "Fletcher Family Thailand" flashes for about 1 second then disappears.

At the bottom of the page it says "view more" - if I mouse hover over that the link says

javascript: void Nabble.showMore()

Other than that the page is blank.

Re: Options

Fletcher Family
I am not sure if I have 1 or 2.

I am trying to find the section where I can change the style and colour etc. Previously there was a link in my user panel for this but now its not there.

I am looking for this bit as per the Help Pages

"How can I customize the appearance of my embeddable application?

Go to "Options > Editor > Change appearance" link in your application. This screen has easy options to customize the basic look of your application:"

Thanks
Wasana

Re: Options

Graham Perrin
At <http://n2.nabble.com/Fletcher-Family-Thailand-f1653948.html> the Options menu should behave in the expected way.

Postscript

If whist using Firefox you don't see the Options menu, try using a WebKit-based browser such as Safari or Chrome.

Firefox problem with Nabble embedded at http://www.wasana.co.uk/message-board.html#nabble-f1653948

Graham Perrin
Fletcher Family wrote
Windows XP Home (not sure version)

Firefox - latest as it updated the other day.
Here using Safari 4 Public Beta (5528.16) on Mac OS X 10.5.6, Intel:

• no problem.

Here using Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042315 Firefox/3.0.10 on Mac OS X 10.5.6, Intel:

• possibly, my first view of <http://n2.nabble.com/Fletcher-Family-Thailand-f1653948.html> was OK

• definitely, topics are not shown in second and subsequent views.

Here using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) on Windows XP, in VirtualBox 2.2.2:

• topics are not shown.

Here's a screen shot, in which I have highlighted the view more line:

Postscript

A reduced screen shot of the embedded Nabble content looking OK in Safari:

Re: Firefox problem with Nabble embedded at http://www.wasana.co.uk/message-board.html#nabble-f1653948

Fletcher Family
Hi

Now it is working intermittently in Firefox but the page is still blank more often than its populated.

Works fine in IE7 and as Graham says in Safari and Chrome.

Seems only FF has this issue. I am using FF 3.0.10 I now know.

Re: Firefox problem with Nabble embedded at http://www.wasana.co.uk/message-board.html#nabble-f1653948

Graham Perrin
Fletcher Family wrote
… working intermittently in Firefox …
1. I clear my Firefox cache, then wait for disk activity to settle, then visit <http://n2.nabble.com/Fletcher-Family-Thailand-f1653948.html>, the embedded Nabble content does appear.

2. I (command-R) reload <http://www.wasana.co.uk/message-board.html#nabble-f1653948>, the embedded Nabble content does not reappear.

For me: this 1, 2 routine to the problem is reproducible.

Comparison

Graham Perrin
<http://n2.nabble.com/General-Questions-f293352ef293352.html> redirects to <http://plone.org/support/forums/general> and presents embedded content without difficulty in Firefox.

Firefox: Security Error: Content at http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/ may not load data from http://www.wasana.co.uk/message-board.html#nabble-f1653948

Graham Perrin
Error console of Firefox presents the following message, many times, and long after the status bar for <http://www.wasana.co.uk/message-board.html#nabble-f1653948> suggests that things are Done:

Security Error: Content at http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/ may not load data from http://www.wasana.co.uk/message-board.html#nabble-f1653948.

Please check that the code for embedding Nabble is appropriately placed.

Re: Firefox: Security Error: Content at http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/ may not load data from http://www.wasana.co.uk/message-board.html#nabble-f1653948

Fletcher Family
Hi Graham

Sorry for the late response.

The code is where its always been and it worked fine before.

Still just got a blank page using FF. Bit of a shame as it all worked fine for months.

I am based in Thailand - just seen the other thread about Nabble blocking Thailand and wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Re: Firefox: Security Error: Content at http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/ may not load data from http://www.wasana.co.uk/message-board.html#nabble-f1653948

Fletcher Family
Hi again - just really spotted the Adsense thing.

There was no Adsense on the nabble page but there was on other pages on the site.

I removed it and it seems to have fixed it. Does that means my kids pocket money is now reduced i.e. dopes Nabble not work with Adsense on a website?

Re: Firefox: Security Error: Content at http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/ may not load data from http://www.wasana.co.uk/message-board.html#nabble-f1653948

Fletcher Family
Whoops spoke too soon

Its disappeared again There is now no Adsense on the site so that cant be the issue after all :(

Re: Firefox: Security Error: Content at http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/ may not load data from http://www.wasana.co.uk/message-board.html#nabble-f1653948

Franklin <Nabble>
Administrator
This is a long thread.  Can you summarize what the problem is?

Re: Messages disappeared

beli
I also come on the similar problems like yours. I think that this post about how to avoid message disappearing is really good. I will try it and tell you how it show up.

Webdesign Stuttgart