Message: "You have made too many posts in a short time."

Message: "You have made too many posts in a short time."

Admin ProSchulreformHH
Unfortunately Nabble doesn't allow to reorder topics, this a bit annoying for the newspaper mode, in which there could be reasons to put a new topic with a subject a few days ago lower down (you never get informed in chronological order).

So I wanted to work around that, knowing I have to fill up the newspaper with older news, but want to start putting in current issues. I just started putting dozens of "blank" topics to fill them up later.

Doing that, it didn' take long until I got stopped by this message: "You have made too many posts in a short time. Please try again later."

When does this message occur and how long do I have to wait?

http://n3.nabble.com/Pressespiegel-PROSchulreform-Hamburg-f199293.html

Re: Message: "You have made too many posts in a short time."

Hugo <Nabble>
You should be able to post again after five minutes. I don't really understand your reasons to move topics beyond their position. I think this can confuse users a lot, since people tend to scan the list until they see a headline that they already read and stop there.

Re: Message: "You have made too many posts in a short time."

Admin ProSchulreformHH
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
You should be able to post again after five minutes. I don't really understand your reasons to move topics beyond their position. I think this can confuse users a lot, since people tend to scan the list until they see a headline that they already read and stop there.
Well, it would be cooler if the users DO NOT have to scan the list, until they see a headline they didn't read. It would be cool if they just see the newest mails on the top (reverse chronological order), but that is an  issue discussed somewhere else.

The great thing about Nabble is, that you can change the type from Forum over to Blog. But the News option is actually in my case something else. I want to put the news not in the order I created it but in the chronological order they were published somewhere else.

Example:

I have a news that happened on the 10th of February, and I create a topic called

Feb 10 2010: Nabble helped PROSchulreformHH out of a mess

but two days later I find out an other news, that happened earlier:
Feb 8 2010: Nabble saved the world

If I create the topic, it will be automatically placed over the first topic, even though it happened earlier.

Got the idea? Our "News" is also an information archive, where people can chronologically scroll through the dates.

I hope you understood my problem. Thats why I create "Blanks" to fill up eventually.

Did I ever say that you guys do a great job? Well, now I did.

Re: Message: "You have made too many posts in a short time."

Hugo <Nabble>
ok, I understand the problem. Maybe you should keep the blank topics in a separated forum and move them to the main newspaper only when needed. This will make the page cleaner.