Merge child with parent

Neil J
Hi,

I just deleted all of my forum child categories except for one, then merged the remaining child category with the parent ie the main forum. This has screwed it up - the forum no longer exists when following the usual link or when following the link that the subcategory was previously found at.

Forum link: http://n3.nabble.com/Serif-Addons-Forum-f446013.html

Page forum is embedded in: http://addons.webplus.net/forum.html

Any help is very much appreciated :)

Re: Merge child with parent

John Yeoman
I had a comparable problem - at least, I think it's comparable. I wanted to link all my nine forums under one parent so that members who logged into the parent wouldn't have to log in again to each of the child forums. Problem was, when I tried to link the child forums under the parent, all the forums merged into one and the child forums were deleted. An unholy mess!

Luckily, I tried it only on test forums. Otherwise, my entire site would have been wrecked.

I still can't see how to link child forums to parent forums without deleting them!