Member Profiles

1234 ... 6

Member Profiles

Harvey
Would there be a way to add some simple fields into the profile, like age, sex, location?

This could help solve my avatar problem - where people didn't know one member was a female.

Now I have a user who is getting some grief for some semi-crazy comments. But he is 12 years old!

I think if people knew that, they would be more gentle with their feedback.

Re: Member Profiles

Pedro
I'm working on it,

Re: Member Profiles

Harvey
Before you do too much on it can you tell me what you are thinking?

Re: Member Profiles

Pedro
Do you have an idea of how many fields would you like to add? How often would you add this field?  I mean, will you only use in a few of users when you see that it is necessary?

Re: Member Profiles

Harvey
I would like each registered member have the option to choose:

Sex:
Age:
Location:

Sex should just be a choice and I'd like it if you had to put in a 2 digit age.

Re: Member Profiles

Harvey
What do you guys think is this do able?  I think it would be valuable for all users.

Re: Member Profiles

Harvey
Bump.

Re: Member Profiles

Pedro
Sorry, we are still talking about it. I'll bring you news as soon as possible.

Re: Member Profiles

Harvey
OK thanks. I'd like to see what you are thinking before you implement.

Re: Member Profiles

Pedro
Where the extra fields should be shown? Bellow the avatar image at the post reading or at the profile page?

Re: Member Profiles

Harvey
I'm not sure.

A lot of forums do it under the avatar on the post page.  If you did it there you'd have to work in post count too. And I'd want mine left out or  left as "admin."

What do you think?

Is there any way to see it before it goes live?

Re: Member Profiles

Pedro
I mean: age, location and sex.

Re: Member Profiles

Harvey
Pedro <Nabble> wrote
I mean: age, location and sex.
Yes I understand those would be the fields.

Could we try them first on the profile page and then decide late if they should be on posts too?

Re: Member Profiles

Pedro
Please, take a look on my test forum http://pedro.2313024.n4.nabble.com . You can register and test the extra fields.

Re: Member Profiles

Harvey
OK thanks.

Re: Member Profiles

Harvey
I couldn't post in your forum but I could see my profile.

I would change:

"edit my extra fields" to "edit my profile"

and change the "Send" button to "Update"

Also I don't currently have GROUPS showing and don't want them to show in the future.

Could I try it on my site and see it I like it?

Re: Member Profiles

Harvey
Do I need "my Nabble Applications" in that spot? It seems odd.

Re: Member Profiles

Pedro
Please, take a look at my forum now. I've made your suggestions.

Re: Member Profiles

Harvey

Could you:

Add a little padding around the update button

Change "edit your extra fields" to "edit your profile"

Make Male or Female Upper case first letter

Make "Registered" become "Joined the Forum"

Re: Member Profiles

Or just "Joined"

(via mobile)

On Jul 26, 2013 7:14 AM, "Harvey44 [via Nabble Support]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
OK thanks.

http://support.nabble.com/Member-Profiles-tp7583880p7585568.html
To unsubscribe from Member Profiles, click here.
NAML
HTTPS Please!
1234 ... 6