Math in Nabble

afwings
I searched the FAQ and Support Forum, but didn't find an answer. Does Nabble provide a means to post mathematical equations or formulas? Some forums allow posting in LaTeX.

Re: Math in Nabble

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Sorry, no, but Nabble allows full html, so you can probably post a picture. We add things based on user requests, if more users request this, we may add it.

Re: Math in Nabble

afwings
Ok; thanks. I'm posting an image here to see how well it works. This is the formula for computing distance from one point on a Cartesian plane to another: \[d=\sqrt{{{\left( {{x}_{2}}-{{x}_{1}} \right)}^{2}}+{{\left( {{y}_{2}}-{{y}_{1}} \right)}^{2}}}\]. This works great with MathType software if the author includes LaTeX alt text on the images, as mine has.

Re: Math in Nabble

Nalicter
If this were implemented would that also mean that LilyPond music could be notated on the forums through LaTeX? I am fine with pictures, although I find the idea of LaTeX on forums interesting.

Re: Math in Nabble

afwings
Cordilow wrote
If this were implemented would that also mean that LilyPond music could be notated on the forums through LaTeX?
I don't know. I suppose that might depend on which LaTeX package Nabble decided to implement into the forum.