Mass spammed

1337nerer
i have just been mass spammed with about 100 new topics/threads. The only way i have found so far to delete them is to click on each one individually, then click more, then delete. It is very slow. Any other faster way i can delete them all (there are some, 5, i dont want deleted though) Forum is at nikhilr.com/forum

Re: Mass spammed

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Thanks for reporting this. We will clear it for you. Sorry for the trouble.

Re: Mass spammed

1337nerer
This post was updated on .
Thanks Will. An easier way to mass delete posts sould be made, (just a suggestion).

Re: Mass spammed

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
The spam has been removed. Also, in a day or two, we will add a feature to allow you remove all posts by author from your forum.

Please note that you can also ban an author from your forum. Go to a post, click the "More" dropdown, there you will see a list of menu options, one is to "Ban author". This will disallow this author to post under any of your forums or posts or threads.

Re: Mass spammed

1337nerer
Thanks for that. Yes, i worked out the ban function (although can't he jus create another account?)

Re: Mass spammed

Will <Nabble>
Administrator
Nikhil Ramanathan wrote
...(although can't he jus create another account?)
Yes he can, but it will take him a few minutes to do that, and it only take a click to ban him  and remove them (we will release the feature to remove him soon), so eventually he will give up.

People also do things like ban IP, but it's easy for spammer to get a new IP, they just need to restart their router - it's actually easier to get a new IP than to get another account.

Re: Mass spammed

Will <Nabble>
The feature has been released. It's under Options->Remove User - it allows you remove all content by the name of the user with an option to ban him as well.

Re: Mass spammed

1337nerer
Thank-you, that was fast. Wonderful support Will, thanks!