Mailing list archive setup - no messages!

Mailing list archive setup - no messages!

Field Engineering Mod
I set up a mailing list archive for my Google group, but whenever I send a message to the Google group, although it shows up in that group, it doesn't show up in my archive. I've made sure the Nabble email address is subscribed, and that it's set to receive an email for every post. I had this working just fine before with a test group. What could I be doing wrong?
Thanks in advance - this is driving me nuts!

Re: Mailing list archive setup - no messages!

Graham Perrin
A guess: try setting
[√] Ignore X-No-Archive Header

Re: Mailing list archive setup - no messages!

Franklin <Nabble>
This Google Group is private:

http://groups.google.com/group/dct-fe-shared-learning

Are you sure it is a good idea to make a public archive of this group on Nabble?

Thanks Graham, that setting fixed it!

Re: Mailing list archive setup - no messages!

Field Engineering Mod
I didn't think it would be public - in the "users" settings I meant to set "Only Authorized Can View And Post," but it looks like I forgot. THANK YOU Franklin -- good catch!

thanks

Graham Perrin
Field Engineering Mod wrote
THANK YOU Franklin -- good catch!
+1

Thanks, Franklin — always good to have an eye on potential privacy/security issues!

I spoke too soon. It turns out that messages from the account I was using aren't getting to Nabble, but messages from other accounts are (even if they don't have a Nabble login). In both cases, the messages show up on the Google group discussion board. Why would something show up there but not be picked up by Nabble? I double-checked that "Ignore X-No-Archive Header" is still checked.
Thanks.

Hmm, I solved it, but I don't understand the solution. I took the email address that was having problems and registered it for a Nabble account, and added it to the list of allowed users. Now that account can post. But a user who says he has no Nabble account has successfully posted, so I don't know why I had to do that. I believe the email that was having problems had had a Nabble account in the past, and may have had the account removed. Maybe something about that got Nabble confused regarding permissions for that user?
Anyways, seems to be up.

Re: Mailing list archive setup - no messages!

Franklin <Nabble>
Administrator
What account was having problems?  I would like to understand what went wrong.