Mail address of new Mailing List

NopMap

Hi!

I tried to create a new mailing list, but my browswer made the name of the address I need to register disappear before I could copy it. I can not find a way to show it again, so the mailing list is inoperative.

The mailing list is
http://n3.nabble.com/OpenStreetMap-General-f117123.html

Also, I could not figure out how to make a new mailing list a subforum of an existing forum so it is grouped with the other lists on the same topic already present here.

Re: Mail address of new Mailing List

Hugo <Nabble>
NopMap wrote
I tried to create a new mailing list, but my browswer made the name of the address I need to register disappear before I could copy it. I can not find a way to show it again, so the mailing list is inoperative.
You can find this address by clicking on "Options > Mailing list settings" and then on "subscription instructions".
NopMap wrote
To move a forum, click on "Options > Structure > Advanced options". There is a "Set a New Parent" option in that screen. You will have to paste the link of the parent forum.

Re: Mail address of new Mailing List

NopMap
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
You can find this address by clicking on "Options > Mailing list settings" and then on "subscription instructions".
Thank you, this did work.

Hugo <Nabble> wrote
To move a forum, click on "Options > Structure > Advanced options". There is a "Set a New Parent" option in that screen. You will have to paste the link of the parent forum.
I found the option, but I cannot put the forums together as the existing group is on n2 while my new groups were created on n3.
Is there a chance to migrate all the OSM forums to the same server so they can be grouped together?

bye
            Nop

Re: Mail address of new Mailing List

Hugo <Nabble>
NopMap wrote
I found the option, but I cannot put the forums together as the existing group is on n2 while my new groups were created on n3.
Is there a chance to migrate all the OSM forums to the same server so they can be grouped together?
All OpenStreetMap forums have been migrated to the n2 server, see:
http://n2.nabble.com/OpenStreetMap-f660402.html

The archive you just created here is already in that list:
http://n3.nabble.com/OpenStreetMap-General-f117123.html

So I think we should delete it to avoid confusion. Can I delete it?

Re: Mail address of new Mailing List

NopMap
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
All OpenStreetMap forums have been migrated to the n2 server, see:
http://n2.nabble.com/OpenStreetMap-f660402.html
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
Thank you.
The archive you just created here is already in that list:
http://n3.nabble.com/OpenStreetMap-General-f117123.html
So I think we should delete it to avoid confusion. Can I delete it?
Yes. We don't really need duplicate archives. :-)

Some more questions:
- I have two more OSM-related lists I'd like to add. Is there a way for me to create them directly on n2 or should I just create them on n3 and ask you to move them?

Now that we have everything in one group it would be nice to give it some structure, too. Unfortunately, it seems that I cannot edit anything on n2 myself. The idea is to make it look a little bit more intentional, somewhat like the osgeo forum.
- Could we remove the prefix "OpenStreetMap" from the subforums that still have it? Now that it's obvious where they belong it has become quite meaningless.
- Could we create two subforums "Community" for the discussion lists and "Tools" for the tool-related forums and move the forums to their respective categories?

thanks
          Nop

Re: Mail address of new Mailing List

Hugo <Nabble>
NopMap wrote
Yes. We don't really need duplicate archives. :-)
ok, thanks.
NopMap wrote
- I have two more OSM-related lists I'd like to add. Is there a way for me to create them directly on n2 or should I just create them on n3 and ask you to move them?
Yes. If you go to our homepage, you will see a link to archive mailing lists. You should replace the sub-domain in that URL with n2 (currently it goes to n3). Example:
NopMap wrote
Now that we have everything in one group it would be nice to give it some structure, too. Unfortunately, it seems that I cannot edit anything on n2 myself. The idea is to make it look a little bit more intentional, somewhat like the osgeo forum.
- Could we remove the prefix "OpenStreetMap" from the subforums that still have it? Now that it's obvious where they belong it has become quite meaningless.
- Could we create two subforums "Community" for the discussion lists and "Tools" for the tool-related forums and move the forums to their respective categories?
Could you please write a list with the new names so that I can organize them?
Example:
 - Community:
      - ... write here the community archives
 - Tools:
      - ... write here the tool archives

Re: Mail address of new Mailing List

NopMap
Hugo <Nabble> wrote
Could you please write a list with the new names so that I can organize them?
Of course. Here's the suggested layout and new names

General
        OpenStreetMap - General -> General Discussion
        OpenStreetMap developer discussion -> Developer Discussion
        OpenStreetMap - Newbies -> Newbies
        OpenStreetMap - Legal Talk -> Legal Talk
        Tiles@Home
        OpenStreetMap - Routing -> Routing
        http://n3.nabble.com/OpenStreetMap-Tagging-f117138.html -> Tagging
Local Discussion Groups
        italian osm list -> Italy
        OpenStreetMap Deutschland -> Germany
        French OSM list -> France
        OpenStreetMap - Australian Talk -> Australia
        OpenStreetMap - Spanish Talk -> Spain
        Talk-US -> USA
        Romanian OSM list -> Romania
        OpenStreetMap Talk Nederlands -> Netherlands
        OpenStreetMap Talk South Africa -> South Africa
Tools
        OpenStreetMap - JOSM Dev -> JOSM Development
        http://n3.nabble.com/OpenStreetMap-Mkgmap-Development-f117150.html -> Mkgmap Development
        http://n2.nabble.com/Mapnik-Users-f4403724.html -> Mapnik Users
        http://n2.nabble.com/Mapnik-developers-f4403730.html -> Mapnik Development

Re: Mail address of new Mailing List

Hugo <Nabble>
Done. Please take a look and let me know if you need more help.

Re: Mail address of new Mailing List

NopMap
Looking very nice. Thank you.