MAKING NEW CATEGORIES

tim

MAKING NEW CATEGORIES

tim
I need to know HOW you post "CATEGORYS".
Lets say I want to post an area that talks about "NASCAR"...
All I have saw is the ability to post a new 'topic"
That means all I can do is put NASCAR... and all the various topics (threads) just fall randomly in the category.

All the other chat forums I have saw have various CATEGORIES.
If I have a categories that is NASCAR and someone wants to talk about Kyle Busch...
They are able to click someplace that says "New Topic" and everyone that wants to discuss Klye Busch knows there is a discussion in that thread and what it is about  If someone wants to post in the Kyle Busch thread all they do is click "reply"...
Then if someone else wants to start a new topic concerning last weeks race.. they click "New Topic" and post away.

NOW where do I see a place where people can post a "New Topic".. only "reply".
this type of forum would seems to be totally useless.  SO I figure I MUST be doing something wrong.
CAN someone help me ASAP please.

Re: MAKING NEW CATEGORIES

☪Not_A_Admin
can i have a link to your forum.
tim

Re: MAKING NEW CATEGORIES

tim
sent you an email with all info..

Re: MAKING NEW CATEGORIES

Hi Tim,
tim wrote
I need to know HOW you post "CATEGORYS".
I think you are referring to what Nabble calls "sub-forums". "Categories" is not a term that I recognise in the context of Nabble.
Lets say I want to post an area that talks about "NASCAR"...
All I have saw is the ability to post a new 'topic"
That means all I can do is put NASCAR... and all the various topics (threads) just fall randomly in the category.
Who is the "I" in the sentence, "All I have saw is the ability to post a new 'topic'"? As a user this feature is set by the forum's administrator. As an administrator it is up to you to grant "groups" permission to create sub-applications. (Groups are different classes of members of your forum. Sub-applications can include sub-forums - along with sub galleries, blogs, etc)

If "Tanv"'s reply hasn't helped, ask some more specific questions.
tim

Re: MAKING NEW CATEGORIES

tim
Tanv hasn't replied
I need to know HOW you post "CATEGORYS".
I think you are referring to what Nabble calls "sub-forums". "Categories" is not a term that I recognise in the context of Nabble.
Lets say I want to post an area that talks about "NASCAR"...
All I have saw is the ability to post a new 'topic"
That means all I can do is put NASCAR... and all the various topics (threads) just fall randomly in the category.
Who is the "I" in the sentence, "All I have saw is the ability to post a new 'topic'"? As a user these feature is set by the forums administrator. As an administrator it is up to you to grant "groups" permission to create sub-applications. (Groups are different classes of members of your forum. Sub-applications can include sub-forums - along with sub galleries, blogs, etc)

If "Tanv"'s reply hasn't helped, ask some more specific questions.

http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/MAKING-NEW-CATEGORIES-tp5993963p5999950.html
To unsubscribe from MAKING NEW CATEGORIES, click here.
tim

Re: MAKING NEW CATEGORIES

tim
OK.. let me see if I can do a better job of explaining
The "I" is basically anyone that has access to the forum  I guess I should of said ""lets say someone...' instead of I to cut down on confusion.

Now the "Category" I referred to is found here.
when you set up the basic forum.... you click on
options > change application type > and that goes to a page that lists Category, board, etc
Now someone had posted a help question that asked "How do I ... (link is here)
Tanver had posted
"simple: Board> category>Forum
Board & Category are BOTH on the "option" link I referenced above.  When you see it you can either pick Board OR Category.... but not both.

Basically I want to build my chat forum like the one that is questioned "How do I make my...."
That's pretty much the long and short of it

http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/MAKING-NEW-CATEGORIES-tp5993963p5999950.html
To unsubscribe from MAKING NEW CATEGORIES, click here.

Re: MAKING NEW CATEGORIES

GregChapman
tim wrote
Basically I want to build my chat forum like the one that is questioned "How do I make my...."
That's pretty much the long and short of it
Well, that doesn't appear to be a Nabble-based forum, so you won't be able to produce a complete copy, but you'll find the "Mixed" format is pretty close.

Take a look at my forum at:
http://www.seahawk17.plus.com/forum.htm
That's "Mixed".

tim

Re: MAKING NEW CATEGORIES

tim
ok.. I'll see what I can do
thanks
Basically I want to build my chat forum like the one that is questioned "How do I make my...."
That's pretty much the long and short of it
Well, that doesn't appear to be a Nabble-based forum, so you won't be able to produce a complete copy, but you'll find the "Mixed" format is pretty close.

Take a look at my forum at:
http://www.seahawk17.plus.com/forum.htm
That's "Mixed".

http://nabble-support.1.n2.nabble.com/MAKING-NEW-CATEGORIES-tp5993963p6000916.html
To unsubscribe from MAKING NEW CATEGORIES, click here.