Looking for SiteMap enabled with premium support or Upgrades.

Looking for SiteMap enabled with premium support or Upgrades.

totol hossain
This post was updated on .
I was looking for a good forum solution for my EDU site. At last i found this. Everything great here including its features. But This forum doesnt contains sitemap. Looking for SiteMap enabled with premium support or Upgrades. Here is the forum iv registered: http://edu.1129454.n5.nabble.com/ .

Please, Is that possible to enable sitemap for the particular  EDU forum with premium upgrades? I want this domain to be hosted here: http://forums.open.edu.pub/

Also there is no Robots.txt. Can it be enabled?

Thanks in advance :(

Re: Looking for SiteMap enabled with premium support or Upgrades.

GregChapman
Hi,
What are you expecting from a site map?
The nature of a forum means that it is largely is self documenting.

What are you expecting from a robits.txt file?
Nabble has an option to hide your forum from search engines:
Extras & Add-ons > Content > Hide contents from search engines

If what Nabble supplies is not what you need you may be better off embedding your forum within a site where you can provide those facilities yourself.

Re: Looking for SiteMap enabled with premium support or Upgrades.

totol hossain
Thanks for your reply.
Actually I dont want to embed this forum anywhere else. I will use the forum masking the default nabble URL.

#What are you expecting from a site map?
Ans: To submit sitemap to search engines.

#What are you expecting from a robits.txt file?
To give robots full crawling permission. For Example:

<-- Robots text code -->

Sitemap: http://www.forums.open.edu.pub/sitemap.xml

Allow: /

<-- End Robots text code -->

* * * I also want to hire a guy to design the forum professionally.

Re: Looking for SiteMap enabled with premium support or Upgrades.

GregChapman
Hi,
totol hossain wrote
#What are you expecting from a site map?
Ans: To submit sitemap to search engines.
But a forum by its nature only grows slowly and with all new material linked from the home page so a site map is unlikely to offer any benefit at all.

Site Maps only become necessary on shopping and similar large sites where much of the content is only revealed via a search of the underlying database not from the navigation menu or content of the primary pages.
#What are you expecting from a robits.txt file?
To give robots full crawling permission. For Example:

<-- Robots text code -->

Sitemap: http://www.forums.open.edu.pub/sitemap.xml

Allow: /

<-- End Robots text code -->
That code simply says "I welcome any robot. Please crawl the whole site!" A search engine spider will do that anyway. The only reason for using a robots.txt file is to request that a spider does NOT crawl certain parts of the site and, as I explained, Nabble offers a facility to generate such a file.

So your first steps should be to post widely across the Internet and persuade as many different people to fill your forum with content. Then persuade users and others to create links to your site. (OK, search engine optimisation is a little more involved than that, but you'll need a good body of content before anyone is going to find your site interesting enough to link to it.)

Re: Looking for SiteMap enabled with premium support or Upgrades.

totol hossain
This post was updated on .
You are rite. Im thinking it all about SEO benefits. So, It is clear that "robots txt is not necessary unless i want to crawl the whole site". Fine!

Why i want a sitemap as well as robots.txt?
* To create a CSE linked with my adsense account.
* Submit sitemap to search engines.
* To let all the bots about sitemap location.
* Increase search engine appearance with SEO benefits.

Why im asking such facilities?
* This is not a private forum, open to all.
* Forum is not for only a few years.
* Oneday the forum must get bigger.
* The domain i purchased was costly so naturally i want to pix it as my best.
* Want total controlling over SEO.
* 100% mental satisfaction.

So, it is final that im going to host my domain here. But i want the assurance for at least sitemap feature with my forum.
so, The final question is: "am i going to have such facility what im looking for with premium support or Upgrades"?

Sorry for such kind of words, but i have to say that "From the beginning of this conversation im asking about SiteMap enabled with premium support or Upgrades. But you are not answering the question clearly.  Im not clear about what are you going to understand me? I want a clear answer to this question ."

Thanks for your time.

Re: Looking for SiteMap enabled with premium support or Upgrades.

GregChapman
I realise I'm causing frustration. As I am only a Nabble user and cannot speak for the company I cannot answer the exact questions you ask. You'll need to wait for one of the Nabble team to answer. Unfortunately, they can be slow to do that.

Re: Looking for SiteMap enabled with premium support or Upgrades.

totol hossain
Can you please let me how can i connect them via mail or i need premium support to get the answer.

Can you refer this issue to nabble team?

Re: Looking for SiteMap enabled with premium support or Upgrades.

GregChapman
It is always possible to email any registered Nabble user by clicking their username. However, the last time I tried that approach to reach the key staff member I got no reply, so the mailbox in question may not be monitored.

Unfortunately, even posting to Premium Support can sometimes take up to a week to get a response.

I am hoping that the situation will return to normal soon. It's been like this too long.

Re: Looking for SiteMap enabled with premium support or Upgrades.

Hugo <Nabble>
totol, if you need a sitemap, this is the code we use with other forums:
http://blender.45788.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlEditor$ViewFile.jtp?file=custom_tweak:sitemap

(1) Go to your forum and click on the "Edit this page" link on the footer;
(2) Click on the cog button, then "Go to advanced editor"
(3) Click "Add New File", you can name it 'sitemap'
(4) Copy and paste the entire code from the link above
(5) Save changes

Now your forum should have sitemaps like this:
/sitemapA.txt
/sitemapB.txt
/sitemapU1.txt

You can use webmaster tools to load those sitemaps. We don't use robots.txt anywhere, but I believe you can create one with the same code above (you would have to tweak it a little bit).

Re: Looking for SiteMap enabled with premium support or Upgrades.

totol hossain
Thanks It works great!!!