Look and feel

mizpah
I click on the image to load the Cascading Style Sheet (CSS)
But noting happens. It will not work. Any help please

Change Permissions every time I set then up and click save, I think it as worked and saved the changes, but it does nothing
they are all set back to default?

Were am I going Wrong?

Help Please

Julie

Re: Look and feel

Camo
Julie,

you said....

Change Permissions every time I set then up and click save,
I dont quite understand that. Changing your forums permissions is not nessesary for you (admin) to change the css. Try clearing your browsers cache Before you do anything. Make sure the change appearance page has completely finished loading before you try.

in the look and feel page, you see a blank css box. right above that is a widget that lets you scroll left/right to choose different backgrounds/css.

when a theme you like is showing in that little box, click on the picture. this loads its css in the big box below (can take a few seconds). Once you see the big css box is full of code, you can 'click to test' (to the right).

If you like it, scroll beneath the big css box and click ok (save).

To change individual sections, you need to alter the css in the big css box manually.

Im pretty sure this effects your (nabbles version only) forum. To change your embedded forum to match your site, put

body, .nabble, .nabble .no-bg-color {
    background-color: #transparent;
}

 in the big css box by itself (only) and alter your websites css as you need. Mine is transparent so my embedded forum matches my website, since you can see the background image of my website beneath.

Camo's Classifieds! © Camo's Reptiles

Re: Look and feel

Hi Camo,

Unless you have other rules over-riding it then all you need for the background of an embedded forum to show is:

.nabble {
        background-color: transparent;
}

EDIT: Ah! I see you get your code from the official Cheat Sheet. Perhaps some of the other settings are for situations I haven't encountered yet e.g. in List or Threaded views.