Login screen displayed when accessed via FB et al

Login screen displayed when accessed via FB et al

mywaytoo
As a Member of my Forum, I can access my Members only areas without logging in... OK.

However if I get there via Facebook, or elsewhere, then the login screen is displayed... BUT as a member I am allowed to enter the Members only area.

This seems strange because, although I might arrive there via FB, my Forum still knows it's me as I am allowed to access via the breadcrumb.

I'm wondering whether the login screen actually needs to be there??

PS. I really like the posting PDF files feature... just make sure they are supposed to be freely available to all...

Anne

Re: Login screen displayed when accessed via FB et al

GregChapman
Hi Anne,

mywaytoo wrote
As a Member of my Forum, I can access my Members only areas without logging in... OK.
Are you really saying that your "members only" area has View permission for members of the "Anyone" group?
Unless I misunderstand you, then that is the only way you'll be able to access it without logging on.
However if I get there via Facebook, or elsewhere, then the login screen is displayed... BUT as a member I am allowed to enter the Members only area.
I'm misunderstanding again! I'd expect to see a login screen for your forum unless you already have a tab open in your browser where you are already logged in to your forum.
This seems strange because, although I might arrive there via FB, my Forum still knows it's me as I am allowed to access via the breadcrumb.
I'm not a member of Facebook so I may be misunderstanding what you are driving at, but why do you expect Facebook to have a record of any Nabble applications  that you might be a member of, including the passwords that you need to use to access them. Have you really told Facebook your Nabble passwords? Nabble itself doesn't allow you to move from your account here to your account on your own forum without logging in to each of them independently.
PS. I really like the posting PDF files feature... just make sure they are supposed to be freely available to all...
I haven't spotted any special Nabble feature (but then I haven't uploaded any PDFs to my Nabble applications). Tell me more.

If you're saying when you click a link to a PDF that you've uploaded to Nabble, it displays, without further action from you, in your browser, then that is entirely a feature of the PDF reader software you have installed on your computer and the options set within that program for display of PDF files within your browser. It will be nothing to do with Nabble and other visitors to your forum may have a completely different experience.

Re: Login screen displayed when accessed via FB et al

mywaytoo
My PC keeps me logged in all the time, unless I log out........................

Anne

Re: Login screen displayed when accessed via FB et al

GregChapman
You can't expect Facebook to know what what settings you have on your PC (unless you really want to lose all privacy and hand total control of your PC to Facebook)!