Login doesn't work for root forum

Dan Jones (YHEDN)
http://n2.nabble.com/YHBF-Local-Sites-Working-Group-f2197045.html

I set this forum up and am listed as the administrator but when I log in it just returns me to the login page. I can get to my posts and to the General section of the forum by linking through from my settings to my posts but if I then click the root forum in the breadcrumb trail i get the login screen again.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Dan

Re: Login doesn't work for root forum

Hugo <Nabble>
I checked your account with Firefox and it worked fine. Is this forum embedded anywhere?
If you still see this problem, please let us know which browser (and version) you use.

Re: Login doesn't work for root forum

Dan Jones (YHEDN)
I'm using Firefox 3.5.2 on Windows. I've just tried with Internet Explorer 8 and that works fine. One thing I have done recently is install Rapport. I wonder if that may be responsible.

The forum is embedded on www.yhbf.org but doesn't work fantastically because of their page layout so I was logging in using the Nabble site directly.

Re: Login doesn't work for root forum

Hugo <Nabble>
I couldn't reproduce the problem. If possible, please disable Rapport and see if it really affects the login state. You may also test it on another computer.

Re: Login doesn't work for root forum

Dan Jones (YHEDN)
I've just disabled Rapport and restarted Firefox and the forum worked fine.

Then I re-enabled Rapport and restarted Firefox and it still works fine.

No idea what it was that was causing the problem but whatever it is seems to have gone away. I'm clearing the cache every few hours at the moment so it shouldn't have been anything saved.

Thanks for your time looking into this. Sorry it's not a more satisfactory answer. Looks like it may have been something to do with Rapport.

Cheers. Dan