Login/Register

Ragministrator
Sorry to sound daft; I am in the early stages of building my first forum......how do I set up a registration/login for members/subscribers and what is the difference between a member and a subscriber/a registered person as per the selection table for who can post etc.  Thanks
Sue

Administrator for "Riches to Rags" and proud adoptive owner to Billy & Tiffy-T

Re: Login/Register

Hugo <Nabble>
Ragministrator wrote
how do I set up a registration/login for members/subscribers
Nabble has shared accounts. So all users must register by visiting this page:
http://n2.nabble.com/user/Register.jtp

By default, any user will be allowed to post messages in your forum. But you can change this setting by clicking on "Options > Users > Who can view & post?"
Ragministrator wrote
what is the difference between a member and a subscriber/a registered person as per the selection table for who can post etc.
Anonymous user = A user that hasn't registered.
Registered user = A user that has registered (Nabble knows the email of this person)
Subscriber = a registered users that receives posts by email. If the subscriber replies to the email, his/her posts will be added to the forum.
Member = The concept of member depends on the configuration in the "Who can view & post?" page.

Regards,
Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com

Re: Login/Register

Bassprochuck
I'm still unclear on that. I want the people who join my forum to be able to post new topics, reply to post, etc.

So, I need to know the difference between who is considered a member and who is considered a registered user? Is a registered user ANY person who is registered with Nabble, not necessarily MY member? And a member is being defined as MY member ie person who registered on my forum in order to be able to post/reply to MY forums questions? Any help to clarify this would be very much appreciated!

Re: Login/Register

Hugo <Nabble>
Bassprochuck wrote
Is a registered user ANY person who is registered with Nabble, not necessarily MY member?
Yes
Bassprochuck wrote
And a member is being defined as MY member ie person who registered on my forum in order to be able to post/reply to MY forums questions?
Yes. But as I said in my previous reply, the concept of member depends on the configuration of the "Who can view & post?" page. For example, if you select "Everyone can participate", then the member concept is meaningless for your forum, since any user that visit Nabble can participate. But if you select "Members can participate", then you will have the standard meaning of member for your forum.

Please let me know if you still have questions, comments or concerns.

Hugo Teixeira
Nabble.com